Come With Me

Something fortunate that came after waking up in the ice, was that Sukara never seemed to experience a hangover. Memory was still a little foggy but the illness part of the day after never seemed to come.

She sat on the edge of the road with Kai in the morning, waiting for the others so that they could get back on Lefty and go.

"Do you remember much from last night?" he asked, pushing the dust on the road around with his fingertips.

"Not everything," she told him, stretching her legs out into the street, "vaguely recall talking to you. About what though? Haven't the foggiest."

"Do you remember calling Kuvira a mushroom?" he asked with a giggle, remembering the events of last night.

"What? No," Sukara laughed, looking over at him as she spoke.

Cactus juice had become a favourite of hers while living in the Earth Kingdom. In its the diluted version, the juice didn't produce such a vivid effect but still resulted in an enjoyable night.

"It was hilarious," he said, sitting up properly, "you tried to feed me cactus juice and you thought Kuvira was a mushroom. Kuvira had to carry you to bed."

"Spirits," Sukara sighed, leaning back on her hands, "it was a good time though. Nice to have a bit of fun."

"Yeah," Kai smiled, nudging her gently in the side, "and we'll get on to that Guru as soon as everyone is ready. Fix whatever is going on with you."

Sukara gave him a small smile as she put an arm around him. She gave him a squeeze and layed her head on top of his.

They sat for a moment in comfortable silence until Korra came over to join them.

"You guys okay?" Korra asked, a huge smile on her face as she sat the other side of Kai.

"Yeah we're good," Sukara smiled, giving Korra a tap on the shoulder as she removed her arm from around Kai, "you?"

"Me? I'm great, really good," she smiled widely as if waiting for them to say something, "excellent. Never been better."

Sukara and Kai just frowned. Not sure what was happening.

"You!" a voice shouted from across the street, "you from that time!"

They all turned to see a older looking gentleman crossing the road as fast as he could to get over to them. He looked a little frantic as he ran over. The three of them stood as he approached.

"You came here," he panted as he reached them. He leaned on Sukara as he caught his breath.

"Are you okay?" Sukara asked, leaning away a little bit as he used her as a rest.

"With that General boy," he said finally, letting go of Sukara as he stood up properly, "you came here. You've got to come with me."

Sukara's face fell as she realised what he was referring to. Her heart felt like it had stopped. All she could do was nod and follow him.

"I'll be back," Sukara called back, as she got across the street, hurrying after the man.

"Be quick!" Korra shouted after her, "I've got to tell you something important!"