Love birds

A/N:

This chapter starts 3 months after Ch 10 Blessing. Last chapter was a few things that happened during those three months in case anyone is confused.

---

You know that I can't
Show you me
Give you me
초라한 모습 보여줄 순 없어 (I can't show you a run-down part of myself)
또 가면을 쓰고 널 만나러 가 (I wear a mask again and go to see you)
But I still want you

~~~

"Ugh. Are they still saying goodbye?" Jon grumbled and he entered the hospital and stood by Spencer.

"It's hard to believe they're not actually attached at the hip," Spencer added. The two were standing at the entrance of the hospital, watching the couple saying goodbye to each other. Though they didn't really show PDA around anyone who wasn't the doctor trio, Jon or Spencer, a stranger could tell that Ryan and Brendon were together just by the way they talked and stared at each other. They weren't hiding their relationship, Ryan simply wanted to keep things professional at his work.

"So how long have you known Brendon?" Jon started a conversation to fill the silence. Lucky enough, they haven't really talked so there was plenty of topics to talk about.

"Since we were kids. What about you and Ryan?"

"Med school. We were roommates who happened to end up working at the same hospital." Spencer chuckled.

"You don't sound like you enjoy being around him." Jon shook his head and gave his own small smile.

"It's not bad thing. He just gets himself into these situation that I have to help him out of." They looked over at the couple, who were trying to hide the way they kept brushing their hands together.

"I know what you mean. This past year, Brendon seems to get himself in more and more trouble. It's almost too fast for me to keep up."

"Past year? Did something happen?" Spencer looked down at his feet, scolding himself for his choice of words. "I know," Jon said when Spencer didn't reply. Spencer snapped his head up and turned to Jon.

"What are you talking about?"

"I know... about Brendon." Spencer's eyes went wide.

"He told you?" Jon scoffed.

"I saw from his blood work the night Ryan brought him from the bar.

"Why did he come here?" Spencer looked at the couple who looked like they were finally nearing the end of their goodbye.

"He was drugged at the bar and passed out. Ryan was the one who helped him." Spencer let out a sigh of disbelief. He'll scold Brendon for keeping that a secret, but now he had something more important to talk about.

"Did you tell Ryan?"

"Doctor-patient confidentiality." Spencer nodded in understanding. "I don't like that he's keeping that from my friend. That's something Ryan should know."

"Yeah, I know. It's a constant argument with him. He told me he's gonna tell him soon because they're more serious." Jon looked over at Spencer before turning to watch the couple make their way to them.

"Can we go now?" Spencer questioned in an annoyed voice.

"You know we have a meeting today," Jon reminded Ryan.

"Sorry," the pair said in unison, with no remorse in their voices.

"See you later," Ryan whispered to Brendon with a sweet smile to match. Jon grabbed onto Ryan's jacket and started pulling him away from his boyfriend.