𝟑𝟗 - 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞

I took a breath as my eyes fluttered open. The first thing I could feel was a rough, burning sensation in my throat as I was reminded of the events from earlier. It appeared I was lying back on top of my bed. Confused at how I had gotten here and what had happened after I blacked out, I began to trace my eyes around the room for an answer.

In the corner of my room, my eyes suddenly darted to Anakin who sat with his head lowered and elbows on his knees. I hadn't even noticed he was here at first, he was so still and quiet; patiently waking for me to wake up presumably. I observed as he rubbed his hands together in a fist and looked down at the floor, then I eventually spoke.

"Anakin?"

His head immediately lifted and his face lit up "oh my god (y/n)" he rushed over "you had me worried" he rested his lips on my forehead and let out a sigh of relief.

"what- what's going on, how did I get here? how long have I been out? where's Zac?" I began in a flurry of questions.

"Hey, hey" he took my hands in his as he noticed me starting to panic, his touch calmed me down and I smiled appreciatively "ok to your answer your questions: first, I carried you back here of course. Second, you've been out a couple hours and third, Kayla has taken Zac to Coruscant where he will stand trial"

"Back to Coruscant? so are we allowed home?!"

"we got the message just now that Palpatines troops have fled to their main base somewhere in the unknown regions and now that the spy has been discovered, they say its safe for us to return, yes"

I nodded, taking in all this new information when a thought popped into my head.

"so with Kayla gone, it's just you and me left here now?" I said, raising my eyebrow

"just you and me" he smirked back.

"Well...do we have to go back home straight away?"

"They've given us a few days to get ready and for your recovery"

"Me? oh I'm fine!" I exclaimed, crawling off the bed and beaming at Anakin. I really did feel fine, I think the relief of knowing the danger was gone and having Anakin all to myself overruled any pain from the previous events of today, besides it wasn't the first time I'd almost died, it's quite a regular thing for Jedi. "come on, this is the first time we've been together alone for months, let's go do something!"

He stood up in front of me and held his hands on my shoulders "you sure you're ok? you don't have brain damage or anything like that?" he asked seriously yet jokingly at the same time.

"No I don't have brain damage Anakin" I laughed "here, ask me something, anything. We can test if my brain still works"

"hmm, ok what is my nickname for you that you claimed to hate but I know you secretly love?" he asked, tilting his head.

"sweetheart" I roll my eyes "that was an easy one, something harder"

"okay. What was the first thing you ever said to me?"

"you can remember that? ok hmm, let me think...well, it was when I was assigned to capture you, I climbed through the air vents of the temple...jumped down, saw you...ah, Anakin Skywalker, it's a pleasure to meet you"

"and who would you be?" he grinned in response.

Who would have thought only around a year ago when I was assigned to kill this man that I would end up falling madly in love with him.

"Oh, come here you" he scooped me up of the ground as I wrapped my legs round his waist. He threw me back onto the bed and peppered kisses all over my face and neck playfully as he held his body up above mine with his hands placed either side of my head.

I grabbed his face and kissed him, a long kiss that seemed to last forever.

Eventually he pulled away and said "ok, be downstairs in ten minutes" he then untangled himself from my grip and left the room without another word.

I smiled to myself, I had no idea what Anakin had planned but anything with him would be worthwhile I was sure.

I changed out of the ripped dress I had been wearing during the date with Zac, if that's what you want to call it, and redid my hair. Five minutes later I ambled down the stairs to meet Anakin.

As I came beside him I uttered "I'm not going to need my lightsabers for this right? because i could really have done with them this morning"

"No, no, no. It's nothing like that, I hope"

"so, where are you taking me anyway?" We walked side-by-side down the corridors of the palace, making our way to the exit. Anakin wasn't responding, I looked up at him and his mind seemed to be somewhere else as he was staring of in another direction. "Anakin?"

"Oh- yeah sorry what?" he responded as his mind snapped back to reality.

"You ok? you seem nervous?"

"I don't get nervous" he responded, smiling back at me.

"sure" I scoffed.

Twenty minutes later, the transport stopped at the mystery location and the door opened. Anakin stepped out first then spun round and took my hand to help me out.

Immediately I could hear the crashing sounds of waterfalls as Anakin led me a little further.

"okay, here we are"

I looked out to the spectacular view right ahead of me. Trees hung over the area, shading it from the direct sunlight. The light that did creep through the leaves however, reflected onto the various waterfalls of all different sizes below. The waterfalls descended into the clear azure lagoon.

Everything about this place was so calm and beautiful that even as the white tops of the waterfall billowed and crashed onto the calmer water beneath not a creature stirred.

"fancy a swim?" Anakin said, raising his eyebrows and smiling.

a/n

okay kiddos, next chapter...get excited!