Chapter 14 - The Chain Of Death

(Y/n Pov)

For the past hours after the talk with Beatrice, I haven't been fully able to concentrate my time on studying. So instead, I went to the garden where I trained my wind magic, trying to create a spell of my own.

Though it might be useless in combat, it can be useful in other cases. I have already learned Fura and El Fura. Those two spells would fit for the attack category. I have Akra as support magic.

The spell I was creating right now, I will call it Mauna. A spell that would silence my targets, making them unable to talk by removing air from their lungs. It would be hard, but the effort would be worth it.

Now that I think about it, this spell could not only be used as a support spell, but also as an attack one. I have to be careful using it then. I don't want to accidentally kill people using it.

Y/n: "Hel-lo..."

Trying it on myself, I sighed and released the spell as it didn't work. Well, it was to be expected. It had only been a few hours since I started using it.

Y/n: "I really need to try harder. I don't want to feel pain again... I hate it. But the thorny path of pain is the only way for me to find my happiness in this world."

Letting out a deep sigh, I looked up and saw that the sky was orange. Suddenly Puck appeared out of nowhere, scaring the daylight out of me.

Puck: "Heya Y/n! What are you doing?"

Y/n: "Just practicing my magic."

Puck: "I see. Do you need some help?"

Shaking his head, I refused his help. If he knew what kind of spell I am practicing, he would be suspicious, no doubt.

Concentrating the mana flow from my gate, I gathered it into my palm as a ball of wind appeared. I started to concentrate more and try to shape it into Puck.

Puck: "Impressive. But my head isn't that big."

Y/n: "Are you sure about that?"

I asked him with a grin as I dissipated the mana from my palm. Puck looked at me with a smile before punching me with one of his hands.

Puck: "You're the one with a big head!"

Y/n: "That just means I'm smart."

Puck: "Now I know why Subaru said that you were such a teaser."

I let out a small laugh. Even when this is the first day in this mansion, Subaru sure spread this kind of rumor about me. Even though it's true.

Y/n: "Whelp, I'm going to study now. Wanna come with me, Puck?"

Puck sat on my shoulder and nodded as we went to Emilia's office, where she was still studying all by herself.

Y/n: "Hey there, Emilia-san. Hopes you don't mind us being here."

Emilia: "It's fine, Y/n. In fact, I do not mind you being here at all."

I nodded and went to sit on a couch where I played with Puck. He didn't have much time left, so I had to skip all the things I wanted to do with him and do the most important part.

***

(Third Person Pov)

A few days have now passed, and Subaru would leave today. The reason is unknown to everyone, but Y/n had a guess about it.