﹙ 𝐢𝐱 ﹚ on second thought

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[ chapter nine ] ! ˊˎ

╰─▸ hermione granger, forgetfulness and neverminds

     I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON with me. Why had I been so emotional recently? It wasn't like me to be so emotionally scarred that I had to leave a lesson. Maybe it's a phase?

     Look, just head to History of Magic, slowly. Calmly and collected. I tried to calm myself down as I left the classroom, heading to absolutely nowhere and having no kind of destination whatsoever.

     I strolled along the dull corridors, mindlessly letting my legs lead me. I decided to take the long way to my next class was the safest thing to do and although, technically I still had fifteen minutes till period one ended and the next started, so I perched down onto a wooden bench in the courtyard.

     "Is everything okay?" I heard a faint, yet soft and comforting voice sound and I looked up to see a relatively tall girl, with long, brunette locks.

     Her eyes were warm brown and she gave me a soothing smile. She had her crimson and golden tie neatly done and her jumper tucked into her skirt, along with her shirt. I looked around to see a lion crested onto a robe. Hermione Granger.

     "Why wouldn't it be?" I said, emotionless.

     "No reason, I just assumed you would be in class?" she smiled again before sitting down next to me.

     "Well, clearly I'm not and I'm guessing you should be too?" I said, slightly too harshly.

     "Free period." she shrugged.

     A moment's awkward silence lingered, and I shifted uncomfortably, not sure what to say, "I'm not entirely sure why you are sitting with me, Granger."

     "You know my name?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

     I gritted my teeth and turned away from her, ignoring her gazing eyes.

     She finally nodded her head slowly, "Let me guess, you're like every other Slytherin?" she questioned, assuming I wasn't going to interact with her because she was muggle-born.

     This wasn't entirely true. I would never use a word like Mudblood, but I believed in blood supremacy if that's what she was getting at, and I assumed it was.

     "I guess, you guessed right," I said coldly, before walking away, leaving the girl, alone on a bench, wondering where her little gang had gone off to, as I made my way to my second lesson of the day, and very early I might add.

' ੈ˚ ❃  

     HISTORY OF MAGIC WAS POSSIBLY one of my least favourite subjects, mainly because Professor Binn's voice couldn't be more draining and mind-numbingly boring, that it made it hard to pay any attention.

     I was the first one in the class, but luckily for me, Binns wasn't here yet, which saved me the seriously awkward small talk that we would have to make.

     I took a seat in the middle of the back row and got out my stuff. I checked my watch and realized I still had seven minutes till the DADA lesson I was meant to be in, would end. Apparently, the only activity I could think of that would keep me occupied for the next seven minutes was continuously swirling my pen around in my hand.

     Those seven minutes actually flew by and soon enough students began flooding the room. Luckily for me, only one or two were in this class that were also in my DADA class, meaning little people in this room knew about the mess that I had become during the sight of my depressed self in the last lesson.

     I must have been too distracted to notice two bodies squash up against mine as two familiar faces sat down next to me. I looked to my left, then right.

     "Terrence." Higgs nodded, "Marc." Flint did the same.

     "y/n." They said in unison. I huffed.

     "And to what do I owe the pleasure of you two lovely lads sitting next to me."

    "Not a lot, just wondering what you are thinking about tryouts today," Terrence said, getting out his parchment.

     "Oh crap, I forgot they were today." I slumped my head onto my hand.

     "Not a very good captain then ay?" Marcus joked. I nudged him in the side and he winced in pain.

     "Hey, you! I'm an amazing captain I'll have you know." I replied smiling. "You know, I could end up just finding a new chaser if that suits you?" I joked.

     "You wouldn't!" He gasped. Terrence snorted, loud enough for me to hear.

     I turned to look at him, "Oh, you too Higgs!" his mouth fell open in disbelief. The three of us laughed and in walked Binns. "Ready for yet another terribly exciting History of Magic lesson with good old Mr. Binns?" I asked sarcastically snapping my fingers.

    "You bet." The two of them replied. 

     The lesson seemed to drag on for hours, when in fact it had only been, twenty-two minutes.

     "So what was it that made you forget the most important day of the year then Y/L/N?" Marcus asked me, leaning in, as we both began answering the questions on the board, scribbling notes, almost simultaneously. I could sense Terrence leaning over and back to his own work, copying mine.

     I scoffed, "I don't know if you ijits have cared to notice, but a lot of shit is happening at the moment and I just so happen to be quite involved. So if you don't mind, I've been slightly preoccupied to have remembered the so-called 'most important day of the year.'" I did those bunny fingers with my index and middle fingers and rolled my eyes.

     "Not good enough." Terrence joined in. I huffed once again.

     "Just because you two have no life outside of Quidditch," I said, causing a few open mouths. I smiled and began to continue with my work.

     "Was there a problem Miss y/l/n?" the ghost professor droned, his eyes now fixated on the three of us.

     "Actually Sir, is it possible for me to move? I'm finding Mr Flint and Mr Higgs rather annoying." I glared at the two of them and raised one eyebrow.

     "Very well miss, there is one seat available here next to Mr Diggory." He gestured to the empty space next to the Hufflepuff boy, who momentarily glanced over to me, our eyes meeting halfway, before I reverted my attention back to the professor.

     "On that note sir, I'm sure the two of them will no longer bother me since I've brought it up." I faked a smile. He nodded and turned back to the board.

' ੈ˚ ❃  connie speaks!
why is is so bad??

this is editing me, and i
honestly have no hope left
for this book, but don't have
the time and effort and heart
to unpublish it and rewrite it all.

oh well.

it kinda gets better, but there are
a lot of mistakes and things i regret
(that i'm planning on sorting out), but we move.