chapter 18

The next couple days consisted of me and Draco sneaking around the castle late at night finding secret spots.

We only fought one other time the whole week and it was me yelling at him about threatening Gryffindor kids. I told him he can't go around saying he is going to avada kedavra people. He grumbled at me asking why and I explained how it is wrong and people already think he is Voldemort's servant. Which, I guess technically he is, but I try not to think about it.

I just try to think about the good times with Draco, like the other day in Snape's office. We are so lucky we didn't get caught. It would have been the most embarrassing thing ever and that's coming from the girl who falls or runs into something every five seconds.

When I saw Snape in the hall later that night I couldn't even look him in the eye. He thinks it's because I know about Lupin. What he doesn't know is me and Draco had sex on his couch.

I smile to myself and throw some more clothes in my luggage. We leave for holiday today and it is a bittersweet moment. I'm excited to see the rest of the Weasley's. They always make me feel safe and loved, which is something I could use right now. I will miss Draco though and I will finally have to face Lupin.

"What are you smiling about?" asks Ginny as she throws her stuff into a suitcase.

"I'm just excited to go home, well to your home," I say.

"It is your home too Liv," she says smiling at me. "You know what I was thinking the other day when I was looking at you?"

"Uhm, weird way to start something off but what?" I say and she laughs.

"I was looking at your hair. It's curly like your moms, but you always dye it black. The original color is a light brown, almost reddish color." I don't know where she is going with this.

"Yeah, my mother has always dyed my hair since I was young, so I just keep doing it. What are you getting at?" Then it hits me.

"You have Lupin's hair color. I've just been finding similarities in your looks is all. Thought it was interesting." She shrugs and gives me a small smile.

"I never even thought about where I got my hair color from. My mum was really doing everything she could to cover up any part of Lupin there was in me."  My dad has black hair as well, so he has to know I'm not his. I can't believe I missed all of this growing up.

"Well, there was one thing she couldn't take out of you that was Lupin's," I raise my eyebrows at her. "The Gryffindor." She grins and I laugh. That was definitely a slap in the face to mum. I will admit it does feel good to finally know why I am a Gryffindor. It's like the weight of being the family disappointment was lifted off my shoulders slightly.

Ginny finishes packing and rolls her suitcase out. I am left in the room alone. I pick up the last bit of clothing I have and come across Draco's hoodie and sweatpants. I bring them close to my face and inhale. They still smell like him. I pack the sweatpants and throw the hoodie over my head.

My heart rate quickens just from the smell of him. I told him I love you. He didn't say it back. It hurt my feelings slightly, but I try not to dwell on it. I know he struggles to talk about his emotions, so maybe he feels it but can't say it. Or maybe he just doesn't love you. The little voice in the back of my mind has been saying that ever since I said it.

I roll my luggage out of the room and close the door behind me catching a glimpse of Hermione's empty bed. I hope they are okay. No one has heard a thing from them, but we also haven't heard anything about them which is a good sign.

I make my way down the halls of Hogwarts. I can't believe this will be my last time leaving here to go on holiday. Next time I leave here it will be for good.

"Psst! Greene!" I hear Draco and turn to my left. He is peaking his head out of a classroom. I slide into the classroom with him. He is wearing one of his all black suits. His hair, perfectly in place.

"Why must you always overdress when we arrive and leave Hogwarts?" He looks down at himself and back at me.

"Overdressed? Come on Greene, I'm a Malfoy. This is regular attire. You'd be dressed all nice too if you weren't a Lupin," he says smirking. I roll my eyes. "Too soon for the dad jokes?" he says walking over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and I let go of my luggage. I put my arms around his neck, which I can barely reach considering the height difference.

He slips his hands under my hoodie and runs his fingers over my stomach.

"I got something for you," he says and I pull away slightly to look at him better.

"You what?" I ask shocked.

"I got you a Christmas present," he says shyly. He pulls a small box out of his pants pocket and hands it to me. I hold the small box in my hand and immediately feel guilty.

"Draco, you shouldn't have. I didn't even get you anything," I say embarrassed. I honestly couldn't afford anything nice for him. My parents didn't exactly leave me any money once they kicked me out.

"Shhh, it's fine. Just open it."

I open the black box slowly and gasp. It's a silver necklace with a small silver lion with a emerald snake wrapped around it.

"Draco, it's beautiful," I say looking back at him. He is smiling at me.

"It's a lion, for Gryffindor and the green snake for Slytherin. I figured it was a good way to symbolize us." He motions for me to turn around and I hand him the necklace. I move my hair to the side and I feel his cold hands on my neck. He gently puts the necklace on me and kisses the side of my neck when he is done. He takes my hand and spins me back around to face him. I giggle and he smiles slightly at me.

"It's perfect, I love it so much."

"Good, I'm glad. There is a note in the box as well, but don't read it until you get settled. I'm going to miss you over holiday," he says holding my hands.

"I'm going to miss you too," I say blushing.

The door swings open and Draco and I both jump back from each other.

"The train in leaving in five minutes, I suggest you hurry it up Ms. Greene and Mr. Malfoy," says Snape who is standing at the door not looking the least bit surprised we are in here.

"Sorry sir," says Draco and he pushes me out the door past Snape while grabbing my luggage for me.

"I swear he knows," I whisper when we get outside. Draco laughs.

"Knows what? That I fucked you on his couch?" I choke on my spit almost and turn around and smack him on the chest playfully. He hands me my luggage and I know this is where we part ways. I will go to the Gryffindor train car and him the Slytherin.

"Goodbye, Draco," I say. People are rushing past us to get on the train. I want to kiss him so bad.

"Not goodbye, just a break," he says with a small smile. I turn to get on the train and hear him say one last thing, "you look better in my hoodie then me by the way." I turn around and he winks at me, walking away to the other side of the platform.

I tuck my necklace into his hoodie and feel the box in my pocket.

Draco Malfoy writing me love notes.

I smile while putting my luggage away.

Who would've thought?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi!! I am SO overwhelmed with all the love you guys have shown this story so far! I love all of your kind comments and the funny ones are my favorite(: The increase in readers has encouraged me to write so much quicker and better, so thank you for all the love❤️

Please remember to VOTE!!!! I have a ton of reads, but not too many votes and I would appreciate a vote on each chapter so this story can get higher on the ranks(:

Thank you again!

-Kiersten<3