nine; do i wanna know?

"Thank you for giving me a lift, you didn't have to

"Thank you for giving me a lift, you didn't have to."

Rosalie Hale couldn't quite believe how her luck had turned. A few minutes ago she was in the worst mood, scolding Edward for his stupidity with Isabella Swan, but now here she was with Delilah George in her car.

"I know, but I wanted to."

Delilah turned her body to face the blonde, a small smile playing on her face as she did so. "Wasn't it Dr Cullen that wanted you to?"

Rosalie smiled at the words, it was the best cover story she could think of when she saw Delilah stood next to the vending machine. She was so angry in that moment that she knew the brunette would be the only thing to calm her down.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Tell me as many secrets as you like."

Rosalie turned her head from the road and moved it to look at the girl in her passenger seat. "Carlisle didn't ask me to pick you up. I was already at the hospital with Edward when I ran into you. So I asked if you wanted a ride."

At first Delilah wanted to question why Rosalie had asked to give her a ride, however the thought of Edward Cullen caused her to question something else. "Why was Edward at the hospital?"

"What?" Rosalie had hoped that Delilah would question why she wanted to give her a ride, she hadn't wanted her to move the conversation to her brother.

"Why was Edward at the hospital? Was it because of Bella? Was it because of what she told me?" Now this wasn't Delilah's usual method when she wanted to know something, but right now she wasn't being tactical, she was just doing what was in her nature.

"What's with all the questions?" Rosalie's good mood seemed to slip, her tone turning bitter. Delilah didn't reply, she just turned her body away from Rosalie and looked out of the window next to her. "What did Isabella say about Edward?"

Delilah hardened her glare, even though Rosalie couldn't see it. "None of you business."

"It is my business when it's my brother."

"Aw no way, really?" Delilah's tone was so bitter, it was the same one from when she used to talk to Rosalie. "You should ask him then."

"I'm asking you." Rosalie's tone wasn't as harsh as Delilah's.

The brunette disliked being cruel to Rosalie, however it was something she just couldn't help. "If your brother wasn't a freak then you wouldn't need to ask anyone." Delilah knew she had crossed a line the moment she said it, but she was too stubborn to take it back.

"You sound just like your sister." Delilah scoffed at these words. "Edward isn't a freak." Even though Rosalie wasn't on the best terms with him, she wasn't going to let Delilah bad mouth him.

"Ha, okay."

"How is he?"

"How isn't he?" Delilah shot back, unable to hold her words in. "Congrats to him for saving Bella's life, but imagine if he could do it without using some weird fucking abilities."