𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈

MADISON

I wake up by the sound of the blender machine going downstairs, not sure how I hear it through this big ass house but still. I walk down the stairs in my white satin pajama set before brushing my teeth. Aaron's lower back is pressed against the enormous island as he waits for the blender to finish. Finn is on the round breakfast table as he plays with one of his dolls.

"Hey Finn." I smile plopping down on the chair next to him. "What you playing?" I ask and I catch Aaron staring at my peripheral.

"This is Mi Mi." He says showing me a red haired girl. "And this is Perdo." He adds shaking a brown haired boy. "Mi mi is mad at Perdo because he gave another woman a," he makes a kiss sound with his lips and then shakes his head astonished at what dear Perdo did.

"And what did Mi Mi do?" I ask continuing with his story.

"Well Mi Mi is reeally mad." He says with bulging eyes. "So she left." He adds softly.

"Why don't you put the dolls away, Finn, so we can have breakfast." Aaron says dropping a strawberry smoothie and toast in front of Aaron.

"Toast? Finn eats toast?" This kid really is more of an adult than me.

"Yes. He eats toast." Aaron replies drily dropping a plate for me and him on the table. I thank him and start eating the integral—yep, integral—toast.

"I don't really like toast." Finn whispers in my ear when Aaron goes to grab a drink.

"Me neither." I whisper with a disgust face.

~~~~~

"Finn." I call out from the kitchen. Aaron left a couple of hours ago to go to work but said he would be arriving earlier to spend time with Finn. That left me and Finn alone, and the nanny and cook. Not sure why you need a cook, but well.

Finn comes running from the living room with one of his dolls in hand. "Why don't you help me with the food. We're doing a picnic in the patio." I say as I hand him the blankets. I grab our drink and the blt sandwiches Lora, the cook, made. Finn's is a plain chicken, cheese and ham sandwich, and don't tell anyone but mines the same.

"You go to kindergarten?" I ask as Finn and I sit opposite each other in the mandala blanket.

"Yes, but only at Mum's." He says smiling as always.

"You love your Mum, don't you?" I smile. He nods repeatedly with a grin. "I love my Mum too." I tell him. "I miss my Mum too." I add nodding. "Do you miss your daddy sometimes?" I ask as Finn takes a big bite out of his sandwich. I chuckle, wiping the excess that fell on his chin.

"I miss my daddy." Finn nods with droopy eyes. "But he doesn't miss me."

"Why not?" I ask with furrowed brows.

He shrugs, throwing his small hands in the air. "He leaves me. On Monday he's going to leave me again. I want to stay with him." He sniffs.

"It's okay Finn, come here." I say going to his side and wrapping my arms around him, patting his head softly. "I have the best idea." I say as Finn pushes back to look at my face. I stroke his hair and say, "You like dolls, right?" He nods. "And making stories." He nods again. "Why don't we make a little show tonight? You and me and the dolls. I'll help you, you create the story and we show your dad. How's that sound?" I say smiling down to him.

"I like it." He giggles.

AARON

I drop my things off once I enter. I go to the living room, thinking Finn would be there with Nora, the nanny. But he isn't. I walk to the kitchen and find Lora cleaning the kitchen counter. "Aaron." She nods. Lora used to be my nanny when I was little, knows me like the back of her hand. She's now too old to take care of Finn so she does what she also does amazingly, cooks.