george weasley : held responsible

"Close the door behind you Miss (Y/L/N)." Professor Umbridge stated in a static tone, her back to the door of her office and hands crossed behind her.

(Y/N) slowly shut the door behind her, not daring to turn her back on the women before her. She swore the women was the devil, a muggle term in religion, despite how much pink Umbridge chose to wear. (Y/N) was sure that anytime for the next decade she saw any shade of pink she would immediately cringe.

She stood with her back almost pressed against the door, not daring to move off the stability that the door gave her.

"Take a seat." (Y/N) cringe at the tone the Umbridge used with her, panic rising in the back of her throat. She lowered her gaze and sank into one of the overly puffy and pink chairs across from the desk. (Y/N) was also sure to keep her gaze on Umbridge from under her lashes, afraid to both look directly at her and to not look at her at all.

Countless scenarios ran through (Y/N)'s head as she waited for Umbridge's next words.

She thought of all the pranks she had helped Fred and George pull over the past few months, wondering if somehow Umbridge had found enough evidence to punish the three of them.

She thought of the fact that she snuck out of her dorm every night to sleep in George's bed, and wondered in the Prefects or McGonagall had ratted her out.

She thought of the secret Dumbledore's Army meetings that she had been attending in the Room of Requirements and wondered if they had finally gotten caught.

Umbridge turned towards (Y/N) abruptly, smirking as the student flinched in response. "Do you know why you're here Miss (Y/L/N)?"

It almost seemed like a trick question, that no matter what (Y/N) said was going to be the wrong answer. "I'm not quite sure Professor, honestly." (Y/N) tried her best to sound as if she wasn't shaking with nerves, but as the words rolled past her lips she knew she had failed.

"Are you sure about that?"

Another trick question, "Nothing comes to mind, my apologies." (Y/N) had no intention of causing herself anymore trouble then she was obviously already in. She figured the best way to stay out of anymore trouble was to just play along, and apologize.

Umbridge made a soft noise of annoyance and a hum of disapproval as she took a soft seat in her chair. Behind her was an array of enchanted pictures, each one of a different cat. Her elbows now rested on the arms of her chair as her hands were folded together in front of her. Her brow furrowed together as she stared (Y/N) down, as if she was waiting for (Y/N) to burst into tears and profess every rule she had broken.

"Well do you remember enchanting the ladder that Mr.Filtch uses to hang our rules so that when he used it last week he was unable to get down, resulting in him using the ladder as stilts until someone could inch arm the ladder?"

(Y/N) almost laughed, but instead she swallowed her howled of laugher and cleared her throat gently. "Honestly Professor I wasn't even aware that had happened." That was a lie, of course she knew about it. Her boyfriend, George, and his brother, Fred, had pulled that prank off brilliantly. However she hadn't been with them at the time, she had been in the library with Hermione and Ginny studying and gossiping.

Umbridge shook her head, "I must say I am disappointed Miss (Y/L/N)." Her tone was still the same manipulated one that she had used since her arrival. "I was hoping that you would admit to your mistake and take your punishment with grace."

(Y/N) immediately felt her mouth fall open at Umbridge's words. It would have been one thing if she had been responsible, even just a little bit, for the prank, but (Y/N) had been no where near the corridor that was in question. Of course she was used to getting detentions and punishments for pranks she had pulled with Fred and George over the years, but never had she been blamed for something that didn't involve her.