Destiny

POV: Louis Partridge

The plane ride was bearable. I don't mind Lola she is the type to be in the center of attention all the time, thanks to her looks. She has beautiful emerald green eyes, much like Brians', long blond hair like Rapunzel. When you first meet her, you think she is the typical pretty girl who is too full of herself, which might be partly true, but you realize there is more once you get her talking.

My mother used to say, there is more to a person than meets the eyes.

"Louis?" Lola said as she touched my shoulder, "we're here."

"Ah, yes, okay," I explained as I got up.

We finally got to Edinburgh, Scotland's capital. My parents used to bring me here when I was little we used to go to a beach house we had by the shore. I would spend hours on the beach enjoying the weather and playing with sand. We stopped coming right when my parents separated since my dad owned the villa, and we don't have much of a relationship.

"Did you hear anything I said?" Lola asked in annoyance. I didn't even know she was talking.

"Oh....um I'm sorry I was just thinking about the times I would come here when I was little."

"hmm, was it good?" She asked as we both were standing and waiting for people to get off the plane. "I don't know if this is going to be good, I'm not the outdoor type of a person if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I get it, well when I was little, I made my best memories when we came down here,"

"Hmm." She replied as she bent down to look out the plane window. "We will have to wait and see." She explained as she flashed me a quick smile.

I'm sure she'll like it. It's lovely here as well as the resort we're staying at. It's called the 'Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian.' Though I haven't been there, Elian and I were talking about it, and he had. From what he said, it sounded like a good hotel.

...

When we got to the Edinburgh airport lobby, a few people were waiting around. I found Elian talking to that girl earlier, as always he looked quite dazzled with her. When he realized I was staring at him, he excused himself and walked over to me.

"I hope I didn't ruin a moment."

"There was no moment, Vivian and I were just talking." He explained, not meeting eyes.

I've known this guy for years, when he lies, he looks away.

"Anyways, I'm tired," I said, changing the subject.

"Aren't you always tired?"

"Yeah, and your point?"

He raised his arm in defeat, my eyes glanced the room to find Isla and Ethan walking together. As much as I had fun with Lola, I wished I sat next to Isla to annoy her- I mean to get to know her better.

"Yeah, that girl with Ethan, her name is Isla."

"Yeah, I know,"

"How do you- wait, was that muffin from earlier hers?"

"How do you know about the muffin?

"Vivian was talking about how some guy stole her friends' muffin, and she thought it was hilarious, now it just so happened that you went to talk to Isla and came back with a muffin." He explained with his eyes looking straight at me.

"Ah, did she now? I don't know maybe I did maybe I didn't"

He scoffed in response, looking back at Isla and Ethan he had his hand around her wrist and was dragging her somewhere. Cozy, aren't we?