. 𝟎𝟎𝟗 .

I've rewritten this chapter like three times now. just take it.

° . ° • ' . ° • '

now ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ:

Crush Culture

Crush Culture . conan gray  ───○────── ◄◄▐▐⠀►► 0:51 / 3:24⠀───○

' My god don't look at your phone   .   No one's gonna call you '
' Quit checking your volume  .  I don't care if I'm forever alone '
' I'm not falling for you  .  Cause this baby is loveproof '

' I don't care what you're saying  .  I don't wanna participate in your game of manipulation '
' And no I don't want your sympathy  .  all this love is suffocating '

' Just let me be sad and lonely '

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

Do you remember that chilled, calm, collected and unworried Dakota that had previously been chatting aimlessly to her best friend, Isabelle Whinner over the phone while the other girl freaked out for her friend? The girl who was looking through her mess if a room for her favorite shirt, no nervousness in her system, ready for a day out on her birthday with a good friend? The girl who was entirely unaware of the implications of a screenshot she had recived?

Yeah, Shes gone.
Fucking Gone.
Vanished, poof. In a puff of smoke.

Dakota stood outside the house, rocking back and forth on her heels with fidgiting hands. She'd been standing there for about five minutes now, with the afternoon sun baring down upon her. The rain from the day before was long gone now, the clouds? a faint memeory in the bright blue sky. Now as it was around 3:10 in the afternoon, the sun was well into its journey to the western horizon. The brown haired girl clicked her fingers a few times to keep her hands moving, the noise did little to distract herself. Her constant fidgeting was a combination of the nerves flowing through her form, and the hyperactivity of her unmedicated brain. She wasn't one for having tablets, so Dakota preferred verbal remedies and therapy over the usual adhd medication.

After continuing to put off the inevitable for what she considered a little too long, Dakota reached forwards and rang the doorbell, rocking back and forth on her heels once again as she waited for the door to open.

Why was she suddenly so nervous? Nothing was wrong, nothing was different, they were just going to go down to the boardwalk. It was Dakotas birthday, she shouldn't have been nervous. It had been a good day already, nothing was going to ruin this for her, not even her unneeded and confusing sudden spike of nerves.