Kabanata 24

Agad na bumaling ang dalawa sa pinto. Henrietta's face was flush with red, she's starting to get embarrassed because of the position they are now in. Hindi ba nahihiya si Vincenzo sa posisyon nilang dalawa? Ugh!

"Let me go," mahinang usal ni Henrietta at binawi ang kamay na kinuha kanina ng lalaki. The man took out his hanky and wipes the sweats on Henrietta's forehead. Tiningnan lang ni Henrietta si Vincenzo sa mukha. This is the first time that a man do this to her. Her heart suddenly skipped a beat. Huh? Pagod lang siguro siya.

"Are you embarrassed?" tukso ni Vincenzo dahil sa pamumula ng mukha ng asawa. He chuckled at nilagay ang ulo sa leeg nito. Nilayo ni Henrietta ang sarili lalo pa't nararamdaman niya ang mainit na hininga nito na nakakpagkaliti sa kanya.

"Give me your hand," Vincenzo said, more like a demand.

Ibinigay naman ng dalaga ang kamay dahil sigurado s'yang kukunin lang naman ito ng lalaki.

The man suddenly slides a cool metal thing in her fourth finger. Henrietta looked down and saw a ring. It was a simple and stunning white gold ring with a stone of green diamond.

"I forgot our wedding ring." Vincenzo rubs her hands. It was small compared to his, smooth and pampered just like the rest of her. Then, he unconsciously kisses it.

Parehas silang napatigil ngunit mabilis na na-compose ni Vincenzo ang sarili. He gave her a teasing smile.

"Why? You're my wife. Is it wrong to kiss your hand?" It is not wrong, right? May karapatan siya dahil legal silang dalawa.

"Wow! You didn't tell me that you already have a girlfriend! Lumalandi ka din pala."

Napatingin ang dalawa mula sa pinto dahil parang nawala bigla sa isip nila na may tao palang kanina pa nanonood sa kanila. Well, for Vincenzo it was all Henrietta who existed in his surroundings. It was a young man smiling at them who interrupted them. He had a hank of dirty blonde hair and icy blue eyes just like Vincenzo. He is wearing a black leather jacket and a white V-neck shirt inside. He has this happy-go-lucky vibe like a teenager. And as Henrietta looks at his face, he resembles Vincenzo but in a gentle way.

"What are you doing here?" Vincenzo looked at the newcomer with a frown.

The young man slumped down on the other couch and casually put his hand on the back of his head. A smirk was playing on his lips as his eyes looked between the two.

"Well, brother, I just wanted to see. But I didn't expect what I saw-Oh! by the way, I'm Vernon, pleasure to meet you, Miss Henrietta." Vernon offered his hand and Henrietta gladly shook it.

Vincenzo glowers at his brother.

Itinaas ni Vernon ang dalawang kamay. Takot kaya siya sa brother niya. Maliban sa daddy nila, isa si Vincenzo sa kinakatakutan niya. Hell! He can freeze all his accounts and knows where he is!

"Chill," napapailing niyang sagot. Saka binalingan ulit si Henrietta.

"So, what is your relationship with my brother?" he asked with his brows going up and down. Siya lang ba o compatible na compatible ang dalawa?

"She's your sister-in-law," Vincenzo chided, then put his arms on the back of Henrietta's shoulder. The woman straightened her back but Vincenzo's hands went down to her waist.

Biglang napaayos ng upo si Vernon. "Sister-in-law?!"

Palipat-lipat ang tingin niya sa dalawa. Imposible! Sa twenty-two years n'yang pagkabuhay sa mundo ni walang babae pa ang nalalapit sa kapatid niya pwera na lang sa mommy nila na minsanan lang din.

"Woah! Ibang klase ka din, brother. Elibs na ako sa'yo!"

Alam niya naman na habulin ang kapatid niya. Ang bangis lang dahil isang Vanderbilt ang nasungkit nito. Pero kilala si Henrietta for her bad reputation. Siguradong hindi ito magugustuhan ng magulang nila. Especially that they are planning for his brother's marriage.

Henrietta's phone beeps. She fetches it and reads the message before standing up.

"Nice to meet you, Vernon. But I have to leave. Pwede tayong magkita ulit-"

"Absolutely not," pagputol ni Vincenzo sa dalaga. Henrietta look at him with her left brow raising. Bakit naman?

"Grabe naman, brother. Gusto ko din makilala pa at makausap ang sister-in-law ko!" Pagdadrama ni Vernon at nagpunas pa ng kunwaring luha.

"Next time, see you again. Bye," baling ng dalaga kay Vernon.

Vincenzo grabs Henrietta's arm before she takes a step forward. "Hatid na kita," he spoke.

"Thank you, but no. Kaya ko ang sarili ko," sagot ng dalaga but the man held her tighter.

"Tonight, let's have dinner. I'll pick you up."

Henrietta eyed him but later nodded her head. "Okay." She gave him a light smile and exited the room.

-----

"Does mom and dad know about this?" seryosong tanong ni Vernon ng masigurong wala na si Henrietta. Vincenzo lits up a cigarette, not answering his brother's question.

"You know that they care about the reputation and status of the woman you'll be with," pagpapatuloy ng binata. His elder brother was just sitting lazily in the couch. Vernon idolizes his brother. He was formidable and majestic. Kahit gano'n hindi siya nainggit dito dahil alam niyang magkaiba sila. They have their own charm and capability.

"Brother, you know our parents were planning for your marriage with Ma-"

"My marriage is my own decision," putol ni Vincenzo at inalis ang sigarilyo sa bibig. He look at his younger brother with penetrating icy blue eyes.

"My life, my own rule. If I can do that thing before, do you think I'll never do it again?" Vincenzo asked with a shallow smile.

Vernon gulp. Of course, he knew what his older brother was talking about. He will go against their parents and drag the whole De Luca businesses down. Hindi lang do'n nagtatapos 'yon.

"But-"

"Besides, Henrietta is my wife now. They can't do anything about it. They can't change the fact I'm married now. They can save that damn marriage for themselves with that woman!" asik nito at ngumiti ng nakakaloko. 'They can try. Let's see, if they dare to touch his wife.'

Nag-sign of the cross si Vernon. Nako baka magkaroon ng malaking gulo sa pagitan ng pamilya nila. Of course, kampi siya sa kapatid niya, noh!

-----

Pasadong alas syete ng gabi nang lumabas si Henrietta sa kompanya niya. She walks towards her car in the basement when a black Roll Royce Phantom car beeps in her front.

Vincenzo went out with a bouquet of tulips. He walks towards her with a dazzling smile.

"Good evening, my wife."

He dips down and kisses her forehead.

A clicking sound was heard not far away on the place where Vincenzo and Henrietta were standing. The person smiled and looked at the photo he had taken.

-----

© _eysteambun