Chapter | 41

taehyung was now in the hospital getting surgery, jungkook was in the waiting room pacing back and forward taehyung had been in surgery for about an hour and a half and jungkook felt like he let taehyung down.

jungkook believed he was the reason taehyung got shot. how is he meant to even be a dad or boyfriend if he can't protect his own family.

"family of kim taehyung?" a doctor says which causes jungkook's head to go up at his boyfriend's name

"that's me" jungkook says

"oh mr.jeon i'm a huge fan of yours, I was the surgeon that performed surgery on your boyfriend," the surgeon says

"how is he?" jungkook asks crossing his fingers that his baby is okay.

"the surgery went well, we removed the bullet and stitched the scar up, he lost a lot of blood so he will be in pain. taehyung will still be able to walk but I would recommend you not for a week or two but we will need to give you medication" the surgeon says

"thank you so much" jungkook bows shaking his hand

"can I see him?" jungkook asks wiping his tears as the surgeon nods asking jungkook to follow him.

jungkook follows him to a room down the hall.

"he will still be asleep and will have to stay here for the night and in the morning you can take him home," the surgeon says before walking off.

jungkook walks in to see taehyung lying in bed asleep. jungkook sat on the chair that was next to his bed just looking at taehyung.

he had never been so sad or scared in a long long time. he was afraid to lose taehyung.

jungkook was sitting on his chair for two hours. not going through his phone speaking to anyone he was just staring at taehyung waiting for him to wake up.

jungkook eyes shot up when he saw that taehyung was shuffling in his sleep also groaning.

"tae? baby?" jungkook says getting up standing right beside taehyung who was slowly opening his eyes blinking a few times. looking around the room.

"mhm" taehyung mumbles as his eyes were fully open looking around the room to see himself in the hospital, he was confused for a second until he moved to try to get up.

"a-ah" taehyung says, jungkook rushing towards his side.

"hey baby, no lay back down," jungkook says helping taehyung lay back down.

"w-water" he mumbles as his throat was super dry. jungkook looked around the room to see a water jug with plastic cups. he quickly grabs taehyung a drink before handing it to him.

taehyung takes a few sips before handing the cup back to jungkook.

taehyung looked outside to see it was getting dark, even though he had just slept he was pretty tired.

taehyung couldn't look at jungkook, not because he blamed him for what had happened. it was because he felt so bad that he was the reason that there was so much chaos.

taehyung slightly turned around his back facing jungkook, jungkook felt a little hurt that taehyung wasn't talking to him now he really felt like it was his fault.

jungkook didn't notice that he was crying until he felt tears run down his face.

taehyung was silently crying as well, he could not believe that he had just been shot. he put yeona at risk. jungkook was probably mad at him...

well, thats what he thought.

jungkook heard taehyung sniffle. jungkook walked to the other side to see taehyung silently crying. when taehyung saw jungkook coming closer he let out a sob.

"oh baby" jungkook said walking closer to taehyung wiping his tears, grasping his hands in his own.

"I'm s-so s-sorry g-gukk" taehyung stutters.

"why are you apologising love" jungkook says holding back his tears.

"i-i p-put y-yoena in danger" he stutters

"no baby no, you saved yeona" jungkook says kissing his hands.

"gosh please don't ever feel like you put her in harm's way" jungkook said rubbing his thumb over taehyung's knuckles.

"w-why you c-crying g-gguk" taehyung asks wiping jungkook's tears away.

"gosh you got hurt baby, you could have died. I should have protected you" jungkook says letting more tears flow.

"no gguk t-that is not true. there is nothing y-you could h-have done" taehyung says's closing his eyes a little.

"ah mr. kim you're awake" the surgeon comes in as taehyung turns around slowly.

"I'm the surgeon who got the bullet out, i have your medication here," the surgeon says placing it on the table.

"it has instructions of times and when to take it," the surgeon says

"how are you feeling taehyung?" the surgeon asks

"super tired" he replies

"I will let you rest, I will lock the door and turn off the light, mr. jeon you're welcome to stay overnight" the surgeon says leaving.

"please s-stay the night" jungkook nods before picking up his phone.

"hello?" jungkook answers his phone

"hey kook its jimin how is tae?" jimin asks

"he is okay really sleepy though" jungkook replies rubbing taehyung's head a little watching taehyung close his eyes.

"hoseok and bogum were in your office looking after the girls, you had left the keys on the staff's desk I'm guessing by accident" jimin says

"shit I forgot are they okay?" jungkook asks

"yes they are, me and yoongi will take the girls back to our place if that's okay?" jimin says

"yeah, of course, thank you, I was just about to ask you," jungkook says

"it's okay focus on taking care of my bestfriend, I have the girls," jimin says

"are you still at the company?" jungkook asks

"yes there are police everywhere and cleaners. the security guards are all here and will be doing a night shift" jimin says

"great!, I have to go Jimin but look after the girls for me yeah?" jungkook says giving goodbyes before hanging up.

jungkook put down his phone and looked towards taehyung who was now sleeping. he smiled pulling the covers over him before jungkook sat on the long couch closing his eyes.

"gguk" he heard taehyung say as he sat up and looked towards taehyung only to see him shuffle to the side of the bed patting the seat next to him.

jungkook smiled lovingly at taehyung who pulled the blankets away letting jungkook lay down. once jungkook laid down he pulled the covers over him.

"cuddle me" taehyung mumbles as jungkook looks at him.

"baby you know I can't touch your stomach," jungkook says but gets an idea.

"tilt to the side so that your wound is facing the roof" jungkook explains as taehyung slightly moves his body lifting his head up.

jungkook moved close behind taehyung putting his arm under taehyung's head.

taehyung leans back and sigh's.

jungkook kisses taehyung's forehead before they both fall asleep.