Ep 36. Never a Mistake.

🎶. The Time Of Our Lives

 The Time Of Our Lives

| J A H A N V I |

I don't know why it mattered, seeing the ring back on his finger shouldn't have affected me the way it did. But I couldn't deny it. It felt nice, knowing that he respects me not only as Siya's mother but as a woman too. We're tied to each other by a bond, even if it was the last thing we wanted, but seeing him respecting it made him a better man in my eyes.

I smiled my way back inside the room, switching off the lights and lying down on the bed beside Siya. She had her toy figure clutched protectively to her side, her eyelids closed and breathing a soothing hum. I sat with my back against the headboard, threading my fingers through her hair and admiring her for all that she is worth it.

I glanced at the wall clock, noticing it was fifteen past twelve. I was not sleepy though. I had done nothing since morning so I'm not at all tired and when I'm not tired, I can't sleep. So I just sat there, resting the back of my head against the wall, my fingers mindlessly sifting through Siya's raven curls.

I sat there for as long as the clock continued to tik away, listening to the whispers of air outside as they sometimes slithered their way inside through the open balcony, caressing me with its cold touch. I repeatedly tried to cover my little angel with the blanket but every time she would push it down and sleep sprawled, her toy figure now pushed to my side as she occupied more than half of the bed. I chuckled.

I was startled by the sudden knock on the door of my room.

Getting up, I wore the slippers and approached the door. Hesitantly opening it, I was surprised to see Gehna standing in front of me.

"Hey! Were you asleep?" she asked sheepishly. "I tried to knock softly, to know if you were awake or not."

"I was awake so your trick worked." I chuckled, stepping out and closing the door behind me.

"I couldn't sleep and neither could you, right?"

I nodded in response.

"Shall we go down? There's a club on the ground floor. It's open 24/7." She suggested and my brows shot up in surprise.

"You want to go to a club?" I asked in disbelief. I didn't really take her to be the clubbing type. Maybe I should stop judging people based on how they behave.

"Yeah. I'm bored and we're not allowed to go out. So the club it is." She shrugged with a sad smile.

"I would have but-"

"Don't worry about it. Let's go inside first." She said, pointing towards my room. I frowned but obliged nonetheless. "Is she a light sleeper?" she asked as she picked her up, I shook my head in denial. "C'mon then." She whispered, heading back towards the front door.