Where?

Sukara was anxious to know what the man had to tell her but he kept moving. Doing a light jog as they hurried through the streets. Occasionally, he blurt something out but it wasn't much help.

"I remembered you," he said, "fire nation kids don't come round here often. You and your boyfriend. No brother. Or something. First I'd seen in a while anyway."

"Please," Sukara begged as he began to slow down, "just tell me--"

"You were looking for someone," he told her as they finally came to a stop.

"Where? Please," Sukara asked, the desperation in her voice shining through.

"I don't know," he said, causing a very confused glare to come across Sukara's face, but he gestured to another man next to him, "but he does. I got talking with him a while back and mentioned you--"

"That's not important," Sukara cut him off, not needing to know the details. She only needed to know where.

"Oi, Poto," the man said, getting the attention of the man he had gestured to, "this is one of the kids I was telling you about the other day. Those fire nation ones."

"Rula, that was a year ago," Poto sighed as he got back to grinding something in a pot.

"Aye," Rula smiled, "but the circumstances are the same. If a little greater now."

"She doesn't come down to the town for a reason you know," Poto sighed, turning away from his pot to face Sukara, "she doesn't like to be disturbed."

"She's alive," Sukara smiled widely, her heart almost exploding with anticipation and relief. She could feel her tears of happiness threatening themselves at her eyes but she could fight them back for now.

"You know miss Sukara then," he said, watching her face closely as she chuckled a little at the name.

"How well do you know her?" Sukara asked in return, a slight laugh in her tone.

"Well enough to know that's not her name," he smiled, happy that she did in fact know the woman they were talking about, "you tell me who's name it is, and I'll show you where to go."

"Mine," Sukara said simply.

Poto looked shocked. He stared at her for a moment. "That's not possible. She talks about that girl like it was decades ago."

"It was," Sukara told him calmly, "and its been a long time so please, just let me see her."

"Lucky you came when you did," Poto said solemnly, getting up from his chair, "I don't think it'll be long now."

Sukara's heart sank. It was to be expected of course, time waits for no one but, it still wasn't easy to hear. She turned quickly back to Rula.

"Rula, isn't it?" she said, the man just nodded and waited for her to finish, "I need you to do something for me. I need you to contact General Iroh of the United Forces, tell him that I've found her. And he needs to come as fast as possible."

Rula nodded again, "yeah, I got it!" he shouted after her as she followed Poto to their destination.

#####

The house was quite a way up a hill but, Sukara just followed wherever Poto stepped. When they got to the house Poto elected to stay outside. It was dark just inside the door but she could see a light from the other room.

"Miss," Poto called through from outside, as not to startle her, "you have a visitor."

Sukara stepped carefully as she made her way to the lit room. She didn't want to feel like she was creeping around the house but she didn't feel like she could make a noise either.

She turned the corner and there she was. Old now, not the face Sukara remembered but it was definitely her. The eyes were the same. Sukara could barely hold herself together as she looked at the old woman that lay on the bed watching her. It had been so long since had seen her.

"Hey Zu."