Chapter 14: Spirits!

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

        "Pet, show us how human clothes work." Asch demands, standing in front of me while I sit on the couch with my head in my hands.

        "Just give me a minute..." I sigh, shifting so that I'm sitting further away from him. I really needed a minute to just sit and relax and not have someone yelling at me.

        I felt a weight on the sofa beside me and something gently tapping my head. I glance up to find Pierce beside me, his hand resting on my head.

        "Are you... petting my head?" I inquire, feeling my face heat up slightly.

        He nods. "Yes."

        "Why, though?"

        He shifts so that he's facing me, not moving his hand from my head. "Sorceress Ava seems to enjoy when I've done this. I figured all humans may enjoy this." He goes back to petting my hair, gently.

        I hum, contently. "It's nice, thank you." I'm almost tempted to lean against him, but I decide against it.

        You barely know him, (Y/n), don't be weird...

        He only nods, continuing to pet my head. The spirit hops onto the couch, once again curling up in my lap. I look up at the other Daemos.

        "Do you... name spirits on Daemos?" I question, scratching behind the spirit's ears.

        "Some Daemos do once they've bonded to them." Leif explains.

        I bite my lip, turning my attention to Asch. "I know the spirit has... taken a liking to you as well. But, would you mind if I gave it a name?" I stare up at him, hopefully.

        His face flushes slightly and he looks away from me. "Fine. I don't care."

        I beam, jumping up with the spirit in my arms. My fingertips trace over the star patterns on her back, and the pastel purples and blues of her fur. "Galaxy it is, then!" Galaxy purrs happily at her new name, nuzzling it's face against my chest.

        "Aww!" Noi coos, stepping closer to me. He hesitantly reaches out to pet the spirit, but pulls away at the last minute. My eyes follow his hand, and I shift the spirit's weight into one arm, grabbing Noi's arm before he can pull it away. "H-Huh?" I bring his hand back over to the spirit, resting his palm over her head. She nuzzles her head against his hand, urging him to pet her.

        I see she likes attention. Noted...

        My hand lingers over Noi's for awhile, before I feel my face glowing red and hastily tear my hand away from his. He continues to pet Galaxy's head, getting a calm purr from her. "H-How did you do that?" He inquires, looking up at me. His cheeks are still tinted slightly pink from a moment ago.

        Damnit, he's too cute! I think my heart's about to explode...

        I shrug. "I dunno... I'm just good with animals and... spirits, I guess." I reply, not fully sure of myself.

        Noi's eyes fill with stars. "Wow! S-So cool!!"

        My face reddens even more at his words, but I shoot a kind smile back at him.

        Asch, who's already very limited patience is clearly running thin, pushes Noi away from me. "Enough of this! Show us how human clothes work! Now!" He commands.

        I set Galaxy back on the sofa. "Right, sorry." I stand back up after giving her another quick head pat. I examine the clothes that they're already wearing. "It doesn't seem like it's too far off from what you'd do with your Daemos clothes. Why not give that method a try?"