Chapter 41

I knock on the door and no one opens up to me, I just hear a very severe "Come in!" so I do. I push the door open to see my mother on her side and Kelly, a red head with big brown eyes, towering over her.

"Grab those towel!" Kelly instructs me and I turn to where she's pointing and grab as much towels as I can "Lia I'm going to need you to sit up for this." Kelly tell my mom as I drop the towel near by.

"Come on." Kelly whispers as my mom starts crying and trying to breath, this is chaotic. "Give it to me!" She reaches out a hand and I just give her a towel, I watch her put it on the floor and I keep handing her towels. I watch her make a carpet of towels and then her attention goes back to my mother.

I watch her practically drag my mom out of bed and then she helps her down on her knees, my mom leans her front on the side of the bed while scrunching the sheets. In all honesty I'd rather be in my fantasy dream with Saint then here, watching my mom trying to push a child out of her.

Kelly rushes away from my mom and goes and grabs a syringe, well I think it's a syringe. It's basically the size of my head making my eyes pop out and my jaw drop. With no mercy she just stabs the injection in my moms back sending her screaming.

I grimace feeling the pain by just looking at it "Jesus Christ." I whispers to myself holding my stomach, exhibit B to why I want no kids.

"Okay Lia, you have to start pushing!" Kelly tells my mom and everything goes silent, mom has her head buried in her hands. "Lia, you really need to start pushing!" Kelly repeats but I can tell something's not right.

"Kelly..." I move to them and reach out to my mom moving hair out her face "I think she passed out." I turn to Kelly and note her wide eyes.

"Put her down." She pulls my mother to her "Nadia help me put her down!" I knock back into reality and start helping her put my mother on her back, I support her head with my hands slowly putting it down.

Kelly grabs a tray violently making everything drop, the sound of each metal utensil echos the room as she picks up a sharp knife "Do you faint at the sight of blood?"

"Errr," she doesn't even need my reply she just goes diving for a glass jar, she grabs some blue medical gloves and puts them on before opening the jar. An unpleasant familiar smell wonders in the air making me cover my nose with my shirt.

"Is that wolfsbane?" My voice is muffled by the shirt over my nose.

"It'll keep the wound open long enough for me to get the baby out." She dips the knife into the jar then quickly closes it, I watch her pull my moms loose night gown up so I can't see anything. I gently brush hair out my moms face.

She looks so tired, like exhausted. She's also red as hell which isn't a good look on her, with all the respect of course.

"Take the baby." Kelly gets my attention and I do as I'm told dropping my moms head with care and going to take the baby.

"Oh my gosh!" My voice full of repugnance as I cover my mouth trying not to be rude, why is there so much blood? I almost gag sitting down I think I might throw up. I cover my mouth again.

I watch Kelly cut the umbilical cord and give me the baby "Why isn't it crying?" I look up at her with concern, she puts the baby in my arms then dives for her equipment.

"Turn it upside down and flick its feet," She says with her back turned to me, my eyes drop to the dull bluish grey baby. I take its feet turning it upside and start flicking the baby's feet. Nothing happens.

I keep flicking putting more force into it "Come on!" I start shaking the baby and then the best sound bounces off the walls.

"WHAA!" I quickly flip the baby right side up and grab the cleanest towel near by, I get up taking the now crying baby with me. "Dry it and keep it warm."

I walk over to my parents bed where my mom was and place the baby down, the baby kicks and cry's as I try wipe it down. I pass the umbilical cord and see the cutes little membrum virile. It's a boy.

I see the baby shiver a little and he starts crying harder, I stop examining his pee-pee and grab a clean towel and start wrapping him in it. He clams down a little as I carry him and rock us sideways softly.

"Easy, easy!" I hear Kelly say behind me and I turn in her direction, I get up making my way over to them and remember too late to why I moved locations.

My mother is very much conscious but still very much bleeding "Where's my baby?" She whispers and I step around Kelly's equipment and kneel down to my mother.

"Mom it's a boy," I tell her reaching out my arms for her to take the baby, she attempts really weekly to hold her child so I do most of the supporting.

"It's a boy?" Her voice breaks as she leans down planting soft kisses on his face, at lest he's shut up a by now, a real loud mouth he is. Talk about the last one seeking attention.