Chapter 7: Christmas Special

swipe to listen to a christmas playlist —>

C H R I S T M A S   S P E C I A L

———

Mal's POV

I gathered my belongings and closed my suitcase. Finally, Christmas.

Ever since my fight with Draco in the library a couple months ago we had smoothed things over, in our own way I guess. We just didn't talk about it, I wore his bracelet the next day and I saw him look at it and smile, but neither of us acknowledged it again. That's just how our... friendship? works, I guess.

I put on my winter coat and scarf and headed out of my room, suitcase in hand. I saw him there, sitting on the couch, with his legs on top of his suitcase and his face buried in his hands. I sighed and put down my suitcase, heading over to sit next to him.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"What a ridiculous saying." He didn't move from the position I had found him in. After a couple seconds he sighed, "I don't want to go home."

"You hate it there, don't you?"

"My mum's not bad, it's just... I don't want to go and have my father rub in my face how much of a disappointment and failure I am." I felt myself relating to this bit of information a tremendous amount.

"Yeah, your dad sounds like an idiot." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"You're so lucky."

"Me?" I raised an eyebrow at him

"Yeah, I've met your parents. Sure they have one major flaw: they're muggles." I glared at him. "But other than that, they're nice... I mean annoyingly nice to the point where even I feel bad being mean to them. Your father is so laid back, he jokes around with you a lot, it's pretty evident he loves you."

"Yeah, he does." I smiled, remembering how lucky I am to have found the Grangers.

"See? Lucky." It wasn't always that way. "But me, I have to go home to a screwed up, abusive father." I shivered as I recalled that night and how my birth father was with me before I got adopted.

"Screw that." I said it out loud before being able to think fully of what I was about to say.

"What?"

"Come home with us."

"Mal? We've got to go!" I heard Mione call out from outside the Slytherin common room door.

"I'm going!" I called out. I looked back at Draco, "C'mon. It's Christmas, it's supposed to be fun." He hesitated for a couple seconds before finally giving in and getting up to come with us. I smiled and grabbed my suitcase, heading over to face Mione's wrath.

"Mal, you took forever. What was the—" she looked over at Draco and glared at me, "No. No no no no no. He is not coming. He already came once this year, does he really have to come again?"

"Listen you mud—" Draco began.

"Alrighty then..." I interrupted, "let's play nice, it is Christmas after all. Just for these two weeks, sounds good?" Neither one of them said anything for a while and finally Mione sighed.