Chapter 6

That Monday you start school. You are so nervous as you walk down the hallway looking for your first class. Ahead of you, you see a grouping of tall boys.

"Y/n!" Tommy calls out to you. You feel small and shy as he pulls you into the group.

"So this is your new neighbor huh?" One of his friends asked. "We have heard quite a bit about yo-"

"You know what? I think we ought to be getting to class don't you lads?" Tom interjects. As he pulls you away, you ask,

"What was that?"

"They were probably just trying to embarrass me. Don't worry too much about it."

You sit down in your seat next to him. You're super nervous, but when he looks at you and smiles, it all melts away.

"Alright students, let's start class. As you may have noticed, we have a new student, so please be kind and helpful."

You blush and wave. You survive the class, and you and Tommy have to go separate ways for your next one. Almost the moment he leaves your side, students swarm you like fish to bait.

"Hi, you're the new girl right?" A girl says, approaching you.

Um, yeah."

"Omg you have an accent!"

"Yeah... I'm from North Carolina."

"No way! What class are you going to?"

"Chemistry honors."

"Me too! I'm Kacey by the way."

"I'm y/n, nice to meet you." You get to class and sit down, and other girls come up to you too. "I just love your accent," "You're so cute!" "Where did you get that scrunchie?" You are a little uncomfortable, but you enjoy the attention. By lunch time you have a whole hoard of girls who are talking to you and whisking you away. You catch Tommy's eye at the edge of the cafeteria and he gives you a look like 'what did I tell you?' You finish the rest of the school day with the same group of giggling girls. You finally rejoined with Tommy at the end of the day.

"Hey do you want to go get milkshakes? Don't worry it will just be the two of us," Tommy asks. You sigh with relief.

"Yes I would love to. I need a break from meeting new people."

A/N I know the attention this story has gained is miniscule compared to literally any other fanfic but I wanted to quickly express my gratitude for each and every reader! I cannot tell you just how much knowing people actually read my work means to me. <3