IX

Trishza

Trishza

The weekend had come and Ashanti ate her lunch first before going to the Central Park of the city. It was exclusive only for the affluents that's why bother did not pass her if ever some peasants would wander around the area.

She wore a pastel skirt and a sleeveless white tank top, with the same pastel color of cropped long sleeve jacket on top. She used an old-school type of white rubber shoes and quarter socks.

For her face, she only put light makeup and a clip for the hair. She took a glance at the mirror, examining herself.

Still chic, but not bad. At least this is still the Ashanti they know in the past.

She grabbed her purse with her phone and other hygienic products inside, also the bag of badminton rackets that she would use later.

"Young Miss, saan ka po pupunta?"

She thought everything had been planned smoothly but unexpectedly, Maeann was outside of her room, confused why she would go out on weekends. In the past, before she met Kalen, she would tell the maid where she would go first for Maeann could accompany her.

She forgot about the habit. She turned her eyes a full circle before facing the maid. "To the park with my friends. No need to go with me."

Maeann's forehead furrowed. "But Miss Ashara will be worried about you-"

"No more buts. It's fine. I'll tell mom about it."

Of course, she would not. Her mom was so drastically anxious about her every time she was not at home. As if she was going to die right away. Alam niyang sa gabi ng kaarawan pa siya may tiyansang mamatay -- sa kamay pa ni Calista.

She immediately went downstairs and left the mansion. The call time was one in the afternoon and she was already fifteen minutes late. The driver ran the car at high-speed when he saw the grumpy face of his Young Miss.

The sun was still set up high so her feet moved to a cafe nearby and to her surprise, her friends were also there.

"Akala namin hindi ka na darating," Cayser greeted her while sipping his latte. She rolled her eyes at him before sitting on a vacant seat.

"As if."

"Baka ayaw mo sa'ming sabihin 'yung nangyari. Bakit, pangit ba?" Gabi asked her while placing the glass on the table.

"Seriously, I thought we'll have a hang-out but why it appears you guys are more interested in my fiancé?" Ashanti raised her brow.