9. CRASH & BURN

Let me be the one you callIf you jumpI'll break your fallLift you up and fly away with you into the nightIf you need to fall apartI can mend a broken heartIf you need to crash then crash and burnYou're not alone

If you jump
I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
You're not alone

***

Jeongguk climbed the stairs to the third floor of the building, feeling the characteristic sensation he felt in his belly every time he met Taehyung.

When he finally stood in front of the man's door, he exhaled aloud the air he had been holding. He felt strangely nervous, as if it was his first date with a girl he had had a crush on and didn't dare to take the first step.

He hadn't seen him and hadn't only spoken to him for a day, but he felt a strange longing, the kind of feeling you get at the thought of happy moments of your childhood. Only he knew Taehyung was not an old memory. The tattoo artist was more like an intrusive song that, once listened to, is still in your head, with the difference that after listening to such a song for a while, you want to tear your hair out of your head, as long as the insistent song finally flew out of your head, and he enjoyed thinking about him.

All Sunday, he recreated in his head the fairy tale he had invented for him. The very thought of it also made a smile on his lips now. If only life were as easy as in children's stories... Maybe now he would be sitting on that damn black Ducati, riding with him towards the setting sun.

He sank his right hand into his thick, dark curls, combing them to make them look good, and smoothed his shirt and suit jacket, which as usual fit perfectly on his shoulders, hugging his strong chest. He wanted to look good.

With heart beating strongly, he knocked on the door. He waited a moment, but no one opened it. Confused, he looked at his damn expensive watch - a gift from Lisa for his last birthday. He was even ahead of schedule, so Taehyung should still be here.

He knocked again, but when it met the same effect, he raised his hand and grasped the doorknob. He pushed against it carefully, and as he expected, the door swung open. As soon as he pushed them, he heard a baby cry, followed by Tae's soft, velvety voice. He bit his lower lip instinctively.

He had a weakness for that color. Taehyung had a beautiful voice. No matter what the boy said, he could listen to him for hours, as long as his ears were caressed by that deep timbre. Almost enchanted by this wonderful sound, he pushed the door harder and slipped inside without asking.

As he closed the door behind him, and it slammed loudly, the tattoo artist looked at him with his dark eyes full of surprise. As soon as he realized that Jeongguk was the intruder who had appeared without asking, his gaze softened immediately. He quickly pointed with his hand for the boy to come inside, and he looked at his son again.

“Jae, what's going on?” he asked in a warm, protective voice.

The boy was sitting on the table almost fully dressed, only his feet still bare, and Taehyung held his little socks in his hands while Jae literally poured his eyes out.