XII

Karsyn Sekai Miller.

"But you can do what you wanna, Live how you wanna, Spend what you wanna, Be who you wanna be."- Brent Faiyaz

"Where the fuck you been Karsyn!?" Karter's voice sounded off as soon as I walked through the door. The smile that was on my face fell and yet again my mood was sour.

My daddy hopped up from his spot on the couch, pushing Karter back as he tried to get close to me. "Boy, who the fuck are you talkin' too!? She ain't one of these lil bitches you be fuckin' with."

I dropped my heels, crossing my arms as me and Karter had stared angrily into each other's eyes.

Karter let out a sinister chortle, flicking his nose he made his way up the stairs.

"Where you been babygirl?" My father asked calmly.

"I was with a friend. You really expected me to stay around for that shit-show of a dinner?"

He raised a brow. "I understand you're mad so I'll let you slide. I need you to answer this for me though."

I let out an aggravated sigh, already knowing what he wanted to know. "Daddy, it's almost almost 2 am. This can't wait?"

"No." He was firm and I could tell that he didn't give a damn what time it was.

"Yes, I had an abortion. I know that I was being irresponsible but I couldn't bring myself to birth a baby into this world under these circumstances. I'm already disappointed with myself and embarrassed, so please spare me the lecture. And Yes, everything I said about your wife was true. I shouldn't have let it come out that way, but I'm so tired of her daddy."

His eyes went dark and I prayed that this wouldn't make him revert to his old ways. As sad as it seemed, there was no doubt in my mind that he would hurt my mother.

"I'm sorry and I love you babygirl. No matter what." He placed a kiss on my forehead before snatching his keys and leaving.

Picking up my heels, I made my way up the stairs and into my bedroom, where Karter was sitting on the chaise.

"I'm not in the mood tonight." I walked sluggishly into my closet, tossing my shoes on the floor. I unzipped Ryder's jacket and took it off, folding it and sitting it on the rack, I had to remember to give it back to him. "I'll talk to you after I get some sleep. Goodnight Karter."

"I'm sorry Sekai."

"So is everybody else Karter. I really don't give a fuck." I shrugged .

He didn't respond so I assumed he'd left out. While it was late, I decided to go ahead and start packing and sorting through some of my things and before I knew it, it was going on 7 am.

"Shit." I yawned. I took a quick shower before diving right into my California King bed.

I slept for what felt like forever but I was refreshed and that's all that mattered. I had no intentions on getting up anytime soon, I rolled over, unplugging my phone.

Ryder: GM Karsyn. Be Easy.

That was sweet. It felt good to know that I had someone else around that I could consider a friend. I returned the message.

A loud knock on my door made me jump and drop my phone.

"What?" I called out to the person on the other side. "I'm still in the bed."

"It's me."

I couldn't hide the grimacing look as I recognized the feminine voice. "Come in."

The door slowly opened and my mama waltzed in.