Chapter 7

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

As I woke up, my eyes adjusted to the bright lights. I sat up on my bed and stretched out my arms. 

"Good morning Y/N, did you sleep well?" Thor asked, placing a uniform on my bed. 

"Yes, I did. I haven't slept that well for a month!" Thor chuckled at my declaration, extending his hand to me, and taking it, he helped me stand up from the bed. "This is your guard uniform. Father suggested you should dress like the other guards. It will help you accustom to your new role. You'll meet Loki during breakfast. He'll pretend not to know who you are so go along and play your role."

Taking the uniform, I sighed, "This is the price I'm paying to keep my mortal life. Just because of him. It's his fault I'm going through this hell."

"Y/N, I know this is something you wish you didn't have to do, especially when it can be an even bigger risk for you-for all of us-but this is what we can do. We know there are things going on and we're trying to solve them as quick as possible. Loki wants to really redeem himself."

I scoffed, "He's the god of mischief, redemption was never a thing that would cross his mind. Not in the norse tales. Besides, what is there to solve?" 

"It's not my position to tell you Loki's business, he'll fix whatever he needs to fix. And tales are just tales. Tales wont make reality a front. Tales are just pretty filters to reality. Humans don't understand many things, Loki isn't evil and that's for sure." Thor told me, a small growl to his voice.

"How are you so sure that Loki isn't a threat to all of us?"

"He did bad things, irrevocable and unspeakable," he sighted, "But I grew up with Loki. Loki is my brother accept it or not. Loki was shone away by our father used for a failed cause. Loki is innocent in this mess we have created. I want to hide the sun with my hand and pretend everything is fine when nothing is fine at all. Loki is acting upon his feelings... but there might just be something more than just that." 

I crossed my arms. "Something like what?"

"I don't know... I just know that things are not how they seem."

Thor walked to the door, turning his head slightly towards me before placing his hand on the doorknob. "You should get ready Lady Astrid, it is of bad etiquette to arrive late to an early meal with the King."

When he left I dressed up in the heavy armour; It was even heavier than the previous Valkyrie one. I finished by slipping on the helmet and walked out of the room, slowly letting my body get used to the weight of the armour. Finding my way to the dining hall where I assumed we'd have breakfast, I walked in, and felt relieved when seeing I was right. Odin was sited at the end of the table with his wife by his left and Thor on his right. Then there was Loki sitting by his mother, not even taking a glance over at my direction. 

I walked towards them but I didn't dare sit without being given the permission to do so. 

"Astrid, you are finally here." Thor spoke, giving me a smile. Everyone's heads whirled towards me, making me feel self conscious.