Ch. 44 - The End

Words: 930
Published: October 17th, 2020
Third Person POV

Rayna is left in awe as she is faced with her reflection in the full-length mirror for the first time today.

The day has finally come. Her day.

The day she becomes Queen.

Everything has been planned for weeks now, every little detail meticulously calculated so it'd be perfect. Everything is set up, and everyone is awaiting her. She woke up that morning and was instantly thrown into the hands of the Omega's to begin preparing.

Now, she's about to lose her mind in that dressing room, wearing a classical white gown with a floral lace pattern covering her back, shoulders, and arms. She's been told that the white symbolizes purity and the lace represents transparency. Each queen gets their own lace design, and of course, Rayna chose flowers.

Her face is coated in a light layer of natural looking makeup, and her brown hair is pulled back into a beautiful bun. Her blue eyes and light skin appear to shimmer in the light from the dressing rooms brights lights. Ancient family heirlooms were thrown on her like ornaments on a Christmas tree, and she can definitely feel the pressure weighing on her branches. Even so, she has no doubt that she can handle this. She's gone through the training, and she becomes Queen today.

No backing out now.

The Omega's got her and the other women in the ceremony ready, including Naomi and Savvy. Now, they've all left and are waiting in the yard with everyone else. As winter approaches, today is the last day it'll be warm enough to hold the ceremony outside.

Rayna takes a deep breath and stares herself in the eyes. 'I can do this.'

"It's time, Luna," an Omega announces with a bow, entering the dressing room.

Rayna nods, holding her head up high.

The Omega leads her out of the dressing room and swiftly through the castle halls. They end up in the front wing of the castle and reach a side door that leads to the secret stairs to the stage. Rayna has already rehearsed this, and it's just her now. She dismisses the Omega.

She can see Harley on the stage, talking to people she can't see gathered in front of the stage. He notices her and gives a smile.

"As you all know, I met my mate in the beginning of summer. I could not have asked for anyone better, and she was worth the wait. She is the smartest, most gorgeous, kind-hearted, determined person I have ever met. A few months ago, she was faced with a serious threat that posed a great risk to her, our pack, and even our kingdom. She hadn't started her training, yet she faced it just like a Queen should. From that moment, I knew I had nothing to worry about. Not to mention, she is the Dahlia Wolf, our generations Flower Wolf, giving her great power. She has since completed her Queen Training, and she absolutely excelled at it. Please, welcome your new Luna Queen, Rayna Dahlia Queen!"

Rayna is nearly in tears by Harley's words, but she has to hold them back. That's her cue. She walks up the stairs onto the stage and waves towards the large crowd. They all cheer for her.

"Hello, everyone," she greets. She smiles brightly at Harley who is watching her with the proudest look on his face. "I'd like to thank you all for coming today. Now, I know that there must be some doubts about me. Today and forever after, I swear to be the best Queen I can be. To take care of everyone who it's my job to lead and to respect everyone. I promise not to let you down and to listen to all of you. I hope that you all accept me as your Queen, and that today is a day of celebration for us all."

Everyone cheers again, and Rayna steps back to a small table with a bowl and a knife on it. Beforehand, everyone in the crowd and drawn blood and gotten a few drops in the bowl. They only truly need the blood of the Leaders, but it helps to have more. She takes another deep breath but is calmed by Harley's reassuring smile.

"We will now combine our blood, making Rayna an official member of the Royal Pack and our official Luna Queen."

Harley softly takes Rayna's hand and picks up the knife. He meets Rayna's eyes, and she nods. He makes a small cut on her palm and then does the same to himself. They hold their hands over the bowl, allowing their blood to drip and mix.

After a few moments, it all hits Rayna like a tsunami waves reaching shore. She's nearly knocked off her feet by the multitude of links and files filling her head. So many different voices trying to talk to her and the words they're saying instantly give her a splitting headache.

She recalls what Harley taught her about blocking links. She takes some deep breaths and pretends to put up a strong barrier between her and the others. After a moments, she manages.

One voice continues. It's her wolf.

'Ruth. My name is Ruth.'

Rayna looks at her palm, and it's already healed. She feels a newfound power run through her veins. She looks out at the crowd now and feels so much closer to them now. She sees her friends in the front row and even Serenity. She turns to Harley, who is absolutely beaming. Suddenly, everyone erupts into cheers.

Rayna is officially Luna Queen.