A Chicago Love Story (Part 6)

Momma made me start packing my clothes 2 days before we left. I wanted to cry because I didn't wanna leave Von. The day before I was supposed to leave Von came and picked me up and took me to the mall and a few other places. He bought me a necklace at the mall that had his name on it. He said he wanted to see it dangling in his face one day. I acted like I didn't know what he meant. 

We seen Daijah at the mall and I was like "Von we forgot to post that picture." Von: "Post it den." I posted it on mine and Von's stories. We took some more pictures of us in mirrors and stuff at the mall. Soon it was time for me to go home and get on our flight. Von stayed with me and drove me to the airport. Me: "I'm gon miss you boo🥺" Von: "imma miss you too ma. You'll be back soon. Be safe out there and don't let no niggas try nd get witchu." Me: "You sound like my daddy. I want you to be safe too tho." He gave me a big ole kiss and we waited for Momma and Daddy to pull up. 

They got there in about 30 minutes and I didn't wanna let go of Von. Von: "Come on ma you gotta go." Me: "I know.. gimme kiss." He kissed me a few more times and then gave me a hug. When we got on the flight all I did was look at our pictures and think about when we first met. I started crying a little so the lady next to me handed me a tissue. She said "He's in a better place now sweetie.." Me: "Excuse me??" Woman: "I know it's hard but your boyfriend is in a much better place. He'd be proud of you." Me: "Um.. He's not dead.." Woman: "Oh.. well then sweetie why are you crying?" Me: "I miss him.. I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with him this year.." Woman: "Oh baby you'll be okay. You'll be back in Chicago before you  know it🙂." Me: "Thank you.."

An hour later, we was back in ATL. It felt weird being back home since it had been a few months. After being home, I automatically wanted to go get some sea food. We got to Gramma's house and I seen all my lil cousins, aunties, and uncles. Gramma: "Heyyy my sweet grandbaby!!" Me: "Hi gramma." Gramma: "Baby what's wrong? Dennis what did you do to this child?!" Me: "No Gramma he didn't do nothing this time.. I jus miss somebody back in Chicago." Momma: "Laiya got herself a lil boyfriend and now she misses him." Gramma: "WHATT? Get outta here! My grandbaby done found her somebody? Lemme see him!" Momma: "He is VERY handsome Mama." I pulled out my phone and showed my granny. Auntie Shirley came over and said "OUUU BABY WHO IS THAT?" Gramma: "Shirley that's Pookie's lil boyfriend." Me: "Oh lawd.. I ain't been called that in a minute🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️." Auntie Shirley: "Girl he is FOINE. I'm proud of you baby."  I pulled out my phone and recorded my auntie. Me: "Whatchu said Auntie?🤣" Auntie: "Who you sending that to?" Me: "The boy." Auntie: "Boy you is CUTE! My baby picked out a GOOD one hunty." 

I seen my favorite cousin pull up and I got so excited. Me: "IMANI!! CUZZIN!!" Mani: "OMGGG I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN SO LONGGGG!!!" I jumped on her like I be jumping on Von. We stood there talking FOREVERR. She's a little bit older than me so she graduated and allat. Von called me on ft so I went upstairs with Mani and introduced them to each other. Me: "Mani I wish yall could come up to Chicago for Christmas or sum. Like his family comes, and our side too and we all jus eat a big dinner and stuff." Von: "Say sum to ya Momma bout it. She most likely gon be down cus people being brought together." Mani: "Awee Pooh, he's so sweet." Von: "you gotchu a good one pooh." Von busted out laughing. Me: "Lawd have mercy if youn shut up about that." Von: "aye ma I gotta go real quick. Imma either call you back later on tonight or tomorrow morning." Me: "Okay baby bye." Mani stared at me with her face like "😏" Me: "What?" Mani: "Well ian wanna say it on the phone to embarrass either one of you but, I can see them 2 lil hickeys on ya neck, you walking all types of crooked, and ya hips got a little bit wider." Me: "Girl... jus don't say nun to nobody cus Momma caught us twice." Mani: "She caught yall having sex??" Me: "Bitch no. When me and him had first started fw each other, I snuck him over while Momma was gone and she caught us kissing. Like nasty nasty kissing. And then a few weeks ago, he came over and he was otp with his cousin and he called me his gf and I pushed him on the bed and went crazy." Mani started laughing so hard. Me: "Girl it was so much shit that was done without Momma and Daddy knowing." I took off my jacket and she seen my chest in the mirror. Mani: "AYOOO🤣🤣🤣 GIRL LOOK AT YO CHEST!" I covered up so quick. Mani: "Awee baby Lai Lai growing up 🥺" Me: "girl hush. I forgot he put them there." 

Mani: "Bitchhhh. Tell me how is he??" Me: "Whatchu mean?" Mani: "Head game, D game, kissing, personality overall." Me: "well his head game will have me fold quick. He be doing that to make me lose my attitude, D game.. Whew. Chile he spit in my mouth. kissing- don't get me started there and his personality is the besttt. He's a lil thug but he's so sweet to me." Mani: "Awee Laii he got you in luvvvv!" Me: "Yea he do." *incoming facetime call from "Lil Yea🥰" * Mani: "ouuu girl you done spoke him up!!" Me: "SHHHH!.... Hi boo." Von: "wassup mama." Me: "I'm still here talking to Mani." Mani: "VONN!! SHE SAID SHE TRYNA RIDE YA FACE LIKE A HORSE!" Me: "IMANI! No I didn't Von. girlaaa shut the fuck up." Von: "Oh so you ain tryna ride me? Das coo. Imma remember that." Me: "Von quit playing." Von: "Nah it's cool Laiya." Me: "Okay whatever Dayvon." Von: "Laiya. Tf did I tell you about that shit yo. You know what's gon happen." I muted myself and me and Mani was cracking tff up. Von: "Laiya keep playing wimme and you gon see what's gon happen." Me: "mhm." Von: "Ayo don't be acting up jus cus ian around." Me: "I am not worried about you boy." He seen my chest and said "Aye! You see what's onnat chest? I did that cus she had an attitude." Mani: "Laiya always got an attitude." 

I stayed otp with Von for another hour then I went to bed. Hours later, Momma came in crying and said "Laiya baby come here." I walked downstairs and the tv was on the news channel. News reporter: "There was a shooting tonight in the southside of Chicago, Police say that it may have been a gang related shooting but they're not completely sure." The picture that popped up on the screen was Von's neighborhood. 

me: "no... no no no no no..." I called Von. No answer. I kept calling back to back. still nothing. Me: "No, please let him be alright.." I called Myra and asked her to go see what was going on up there. Myra: "There's an ambulance outside Lai... Oh no.. Laiya.." Me: "What??? Do you see Von?? What's going on?" She sent me a picture and Von was on a stretcher getting wheeled into an ambulance. I started crying uncontrollably. Me: "THIS IS WHY I WANTED TO STAY BACK. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS GONNA HAPPEN. I CAN'T EVEN BE THERE WITH HIM TO SEE IF HE'S OKAY!" Daddy: "Laiya it's gonna be okay." He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug. I needed to go to back to Chicago.

Published: October 13