Chapter 23

Fred and I stop in front of the Ravenclaw common room, trying to catch our breath.

"Well are you waiting for Snape to find us?" Fred says, not even breaking a sweat.

"Some...of...us aren't...as...in shape...as others," I stutter out still gasping for breath.

"What question can you never answer yes to?" The knocker the sits in front of my common room asks. I smile at the easy riddle for the day while Fred frowns thinking about it.

"Are you asleep yet?" The door swings open at my answer, and Fred and I climb into our hiding spot.

"How are you Ravenclaws supposed to answer those every time you want to get into your common room?"

I shrug, "As long as your answer meets the criteria, you should be fine. The knocker isn't too picky, and if you're wrong if you knock usually there's someone there to let you in. Welcome to the Ravenclaw common room Freddie." A few students watch Fred as if waiting for him to prank them, but instead he plops down on a nearby couch.

"When we became friends again I didn't think we'd be playing pranks everyday," I sigh in exhaustion, and join Fred on the couch.

"I've been doing them less because of Angelina, so I needed to make up for lost time," he winks at me. "Though I would have picked a better partner if I knew you'd get tired out so easily." I couldn't help the smirk that grew across my face at his words. The redhead is quick to notice it, and smacks me lightly on the arm.

"Really Ev? You have such a dirty mind. Well, two can play that game," his smile grew wide again and I knew that this was going to be a bad idea, but I did nothing to stop it, "At least I can get around quite a bit more than you."

"How would you know?" I sent a quick wink before laying back on the couch.

Suddenly Fred was hovering over me, one hand right next to my hip the other slightly touching my chin. "I wouldn't, but you definitely look like you could. Especially with that face of yours." I could feel my cheeks growing hot as the boy disappeared as fast as him appeared. I try to play it off by sitting back up and rolling my eyes, but as I get up my eyes catch the huge clock that stood in our common room and the time that was plastered on it. I was late, and Sirius was going to kill me.

"No, no, no. I'm late," I stand up and start to make my way to the door. "I'm sorry Fred I got to go. I have to...meet someone."

His lopsided grin turned into a small, straight line while his eyes avoided mine. "Oh okay, but remember to use protection because-"

"It's not like that," I hit him lightly as we both start to leave the common room. "Bye Fred. Oh and can you do me a favor? Can you ask Ron if he's found his rat? There's, uh, something Luna gave me for it...so, just let me know if he's found it."

Fred just nods glumly, and we go our separate ways. As I'm halfway out of the castle, I realize I had forgot the map. But, I was already late enough as it was.

I arrive about a half an hour late to find out spot empty. Surely he would wait for me, I think. I sit there in my thin jumper and jeans counting the minutes go by. Fifteen minutes. Thirty minutes. An hour and a half.

Almost two hours pass and there's not a sign of Sirius. Of course, when I want to see him and tell Sirius about how the rat magically disappeared; he isn't there. I climb back into the castle unnoticed by teachers, unaware that Sirius had plans of his own.

Thank you all so much! This fic got way more attention than I ever thought it would, so thank you for all your votes and comments!