𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

     "GREETINGS, MY LORD", VICTORIA CURTSIED. the girl's erratic heartbeat seemed to be the only sound she could hear over her shaky breathing.

     voldemort chuckled as he turned around, observing the painting that was hung in the office victoria usually worked in over the summer when school had ended.

     "it's been a while hasn't it? I've missed you victoria. studying in france was it? how was it?"

     "it was enlightening, my lord. though I much prefer hogwarts", victoria stoically answered.

     "I see...and how are your studies?", voldemort questioned as he picked up the albino peacock quill that was placed on the girl's desk.

     "very well my lord. I have managed to place first in my class, and have received all 12 o.w.l.s", victoria informed, not even trying to brag in the slightest.

     "very well", voldemort praised, slowly clapping.

     "I'm flattered, my lord".

     "but I assume you heard what had happened at the hall of prophecy..."

     "of course my lord. it was indeed unfortunate that you had to personally arrive there and solve the issue at hand—"

"lucius has failed me, and I intend to come up with a fitting punishment for the entire malfoy family. what do you suggest?", voldemort interrupted, clearly not interested in victoria's little pity speech.

victoria silently gulped as she breathed in, finding it quite hard to do so, as she wasn't sure what to offer, or what the man had wanted to hear.

     voldemort glanced up.

     "oh, what's this? you're awfully quiet victoria. usually you or bellatrix would be the first to suggest what I should do. even I think it's sometimes too cruel", the man lowly laughed, clearly contradicting his statement.

     "I-I think that perhaps the malfoys deserve another chance. after all, lucius is already in azkaban, and—"

     "you favor the boy", voldemort once again interrupted.

     "I...I...."

     "is it true? tell me, victoria".