4.

The next morning kaycee woke up around 9. It was Saturday so there really was no need to wake up early.

As she wiped her eyes to wake herself up she grabbed her phone from the nightstand on her left and parted her eyes in the slightest to see any new messages or notifications.

A few Snapchat's from her friends and a missed call from her grandma that she'd make up for later when she had the motivation. But the one thing that stuck out was the text from Sean that read.

"Meet me in the park at 2, I need to tell you something"

Her heart was still. Surprisingly.

Although that messed with her mind a little, she made herself comfortable with the fact that she knew exactly what was coming.

Sean was gonna tell her that him and Bailey were interested in one another. What else could it possible be at this point?

She spend the next hour in her camera roll, scrolling through the folder she'd made titled 'shamu' with a red heart next to it.

The first one was of them at Showstoppers a long time ago. Both of them just babies ready to compete their solos, unaware of what their friendship would become in just a few years time.

She smiled at that one.

The next was a photo of them rehearsing their qualifiers routine for WOD in Sean's garage.

She smiled slightly at that one.

The last one she came across was 2 weeks ago when they filmed the music video for Meghan Trainor called After You.

And at that one she felt a tear slip down her cheek.

She hadn't seen the music video yet, and as a matter of fact, she really didn't want to. Every move she made while filming that dance was genuine and that's the moment she knew how she truly felt about him.

She doesn't think she'll be able to sit there and watch that video with him if he has no inkling of how she's feeling.

She sat there forever.

Looking at their photos.

Watching their random videos made at 2 am.

Looking back at their messages.

And before she knew it, it was 1:30 and she needed to get on her way.

The park was a 10 minute walk from where she lived, and she loved exercise, so what was the harm?

When she got there, Sean's car wasn't anywhere to be seen yet, so she took a seat on the bench where most of their deep conversations took place.

It was an old, yellow bench that had letters, shapes, and sayings carved into every inch of it. But it was mesmerizing to look at.

She sat there with her head in her hands, trying to calm herself down when a finger tapped her on the shoulder.

Sean: "hey weirdo"

She glanced up to see him holding Starbucks. Her favorite too.

Sean: "iced americano with two pumps of caramel and vanilla cold foam...just for you"

Kaycee took the drink from him, still hesitant on how to feel.

Kaycee: "must be bad enough that you had to bring me Starbucks huh?"

Sean: "listen I just don't want you to think too much into it"

Kaycee: "you know how much I overthink anyway...so maybe you should just tell me"

Sean: "you're right"

Kaycee: "and thank you for the coffee by the way"

Sean: "don't mention it"

She took a sip and focused her attention back to his chestnut eyes.

Sean: "I know last night you voiced being upset over the whole dancing situation with Bailey, and I heard you. I promise. But I wanted you to also be the first to know that me and her are interested in one another. Now, before you say anything, I don't want to switch partners, you're my best friend and that won't change ...I just...wanted you to know"

Kaycee, although she knew this was coming, she was nothing short of heartbroken. For the first time she had no words.

Sean: "you okay?"

And with that question she built up enough courage to look him in the eyes and say...

Kaycee: "I'm truly happy for you"

Sean: "you are?"

Kaycee: "you deserve it"

She felt a tear slip from her eye and wiped it as quickly as possible, but he still noticed.

Sean: "then why are you crying kayc?"

Kaycee: "I'm just so happy for you, that's all"

Her lies stood believable, and with that she stood up.

Sean: "we just got here, you're leaving already?"

Kaycee: "I just figured you had plans, you have a girlfriend now. I don't want her worried about me."

Sean: "Bailey knows how close we are...you aren't a threat to her"

That took her back.

Not a threat? What does that mean?

Sean: "you know I didn't mean it like that"

Kaycee: "I-it's fine. Forget it. Have fun today, text me if you need something"

Sean: "kaycee wait please"

She turned her step around to face his glossy eyes.

Sean: "please don't be mad"

Kaycee: "I told you, I'm happier than ever for you. I'll see you on Sunday for the music video premiere. 7 p.m. at my house"

Sean: "is it okay if she comes with?"

Kaycee: "whatever you want"

Before he could say anything else she was walking away sobbing. This was indeed the worst outcome. She lost ever shot she had, and she might've lost her best friend along with it.