You Need to Calm Down (You're Being Too Loud)

Dedicated to @-lostgirlinspace-
_______________________

Because the dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest.
~BTS, Tomorrow~
_______________________

Some days are simply too exhausting. It's a simple fact of life. While unfortunate, it's something that everyone has to deal with, including Eunae. She sighs heavily and moves to unlock her door, eager to set down the numerous bags of groceries in her hands.

Setting her bags down, she tiredly rubs her eyes and sits down on her couch. Besides working a grueling job, she had also met up with one of her friends earlier and gotten groceries.

The friend she had met up with during her lunch break was one of her best friends from high school; the two were as thick as thieves. Eunae had originally scheduled the lunch meeting with her friend because the two of them had been extremely stressed out by their jobs, and she thought that having someone else to talk to would be good for the both of them.

She wasn't exactly wrong, but she wasn't really right either. While her friend walked off feeling lighter, Eunae had left the tiny café weighed down by what seemed to be the entire world, feeling worse than when she first arrived.

Why?

Because of Kim Taehyung, of course.

Eunae didn't remember a lot of people from high school, everyone drifting away once they were out of the confines of school. But there was one boy who had caught her eye, just for a second, before she had quickly dismissed him.

Eunae tended to avoid dating when she was younger, silently scoffing at the idea but still consoling her friends as they dealt with breakups. There were a few exceptions, but almost all of them were older than her and quite mature. She didn't have to deal with them acting like kids.

He was different. She knew he was younger than her, but not much besides that. They had talked a couple of times, and he seemed like such a genuine and kind person that she couldn't help but be interested.

However, he made no move on her, and she didn't exactly want to put herself out on the line for him. Imagine the humiliation if he rejected her? Not that she thought that he would, but what if he did? Then what would she do?

Eunae knew herself. She knew that when she was denied something she only grew more desperate for it. So, why not just never give herself the chance to be denied?

(When Eunae missed that fateful phone call, she didn't notice anything strange about Taehyung, who used to greet her with bright grins and sparkling eyes.

She didn't see how he pulled away, too hurt to even attempt to be around the, now former, object of his affections. She didn't notice the change because she ignored him.

After all, if you ignore a problem, she reasoned to herself, it eventually goes away.)

Eunae leans back on her couch and closes her eyes. What should she do with the knowledge that Taehyung had a huge crush on her? What could she do with it? It's not like she can just track him down and ask if he still wanted to go on a date. He's famous now. And he might not even like her anymore!

But, she had to do something, right? There must have been a reason why she finally found out that he had a crush on her. Things bigger than life might be at work here; things like fate or destiny! Maybe she could go to one of their concerts and attend a fan meet. The next concerts are supposed to be in Japan though...