Ch53 - Father and Mother.

Most people around Bai Yao and You Liangxing's age would usually think to themselves if they were about to be urged to marry upon stumbling on such a sight. While there was indeed a modicum of possibility of that happening to normal people, You Liangxing, who was all too clear about the personalities of his parents, did not think too much into it. Faintly, he asked, "Travel plans?"

Bai Yan smiled, "Nowhere. After travelling year after year, the world can only be so big and there really isn't much meaning to it."

You Liangxing did not continue speaking, whereas Bai Yao grinned as she sat next to Bai Yan with great interest. "I'll help you pick some, let me see.... This won't do, the style became outdated last year. En, this one is feasible; it's exquisite and sensual, Mom, you'll look great in this."

Bai Yan blinked, "Truly?"

Her face was full of smiles as she uttered that, and the harmonious and joyous pair of mother and daughter giggled to each other. Looking at their appearance, it did not seem like a mother was speaking to her daughter, but that of two sisters instead.

You Liangxing looked straight ahead, and his father followed suit, standing rigidly as he silently perused the photo album. Their faces shared an eight-point similarity, and neither of them opened their mouths to speak, opting to remain unmoving as if they wanted to be a part of the backdrop.

In this house, the women from the Bai Family ruled the skies, and the men from the You family all had b-points in their hearts.

The mother and daughter were picking out the dresses happily, and then they turned around to ask: "What do you think of this?"

Before he even admired it, You Liangxing first replied: "It looks good."

Bai Yan smiled and proceeded to stare at You Ming: "What do you think?"

You Ming said: "It looks good."

It was the same answer, but only You Liangxing made it through because he was her son. You Ming, however, failed as her husband. Bai Yao was somewhat dissatisfied. "Perfunctory."

You Ming's complexion changed abruptly. He had always been good-looking and he had maintained his appearance well over the years. However, by virtue of his personality, he rarely spoke, and as he grew older, the variations in his expressions became scarcer as well, tending towards a long face. But at this moment, the demeanour of an overbearing president that he strictly enforced immediately collapsed, even to the extent where he looked a little flustered.

"Yanyan, I'm not being perfunctory."

Bai Yan raised an eyebrow, declining to comment. Instantaneously, You Ming twisted his upright posture and held onto his wife's hand, saying with absolute sincerity: "No matter what you show me, I will always think you will look good in it. In this lifetime, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever met, and there has never been a moment where you were unsightly."

You Ming had always been a man of a few words, but it only took a raised eyebrow from his wife before he started spewing romantic prose that was even capable of nauseating idol dramas in less than a second.

Bai Yan frowned, "Are you trying to say that you can't even pick one in this lifetime?"

You Ming said: "It's too tiring to pick out specific items; let's just buy everything from the photo album, we can change while we are taking pictures."

Glaring, Bai Yan scolded, "Buy buy buy – is that the only word you know? How vulgar!"

Although the tone she used made it seem like she was angry, Bai Yan was actually wearing a smiling expression. Placing the photo album aside and teeming with satisfaction, she decided, "Fine, we'll do it like this, other than the ones that Yaoyao was against, we'll buy the rest. Afterwards, we'll go through them slowly and take pictures."