sixteen | revenge and complications

My feet were planted to the ground as I stared in shock at the two people in front of me

My feet were planted to the ground as I stared in shock at the two people in front of me. Suddenly the thought of fresh air was a lot less appealing and my voice was struggling to find its way past my lips.

My hands tensed as I dug my nails into my palms, almost drawing blood from underneath. "What the hell are you doing here?" I held tightly onto the door with the other hand as they stared at me in shock.

Their hands immediately unclasped as I bit down hard onto my tongue. "Gab-," before James could finish, I slammed the door shut, drowning out their voices from the other side.

My mind searches for a reason that they were here. If it was an idea for an apology then I think it would be better if they turned around and went home, because they were the last people I wanted to see and I refused to let them ruin my night.

My body fell numb as I walked away from the now closed door, attempting to hold in the tears that were breaching their way to the surface. My head ached from the loud music bursting my ear drums as I walked towards the stairs, just wanting to be alone in my room.

I stumbled my way up the stairs and pulled my door open before hastily slamming it shut and falling to the floor. I held my hand over my mouth to stops sounds coming as tears fell viciously down my cheeks.

I pulled myself up and sat down on the edge of the bed, wiping my eyes and the makeup I had done earlier. At this point, I couldn't care less if my eyes were blotched black from the tears, or that my cheeks were red and puffy from hastily wiping them until they went away.

However, I suddenly turned away when someone opened my door and walked in. "It's occupied," I shouted out, hoping that whoever it was, whether it was a couple or not, would just leave me alone.

"You ok?" Caleb's voice made me turn around. He immediately noticed that I was crying and sat down on the bed with me. I wanted nothing more than to just push him away, but I didn't have the energy to do it.

"Why do you even care?" I retorted, a lot more hastily than I had prepared to. He shook his head and leaned closer to me. I pushed him away and sat further back. "Please, just leave me alone Caleb."

He leaned closer again as I attempted to push him back, but he was a lot stronger than I was. "I'm not leaving," he replied as I looked into his eyes in defeat. "I do care about you, Gabby." I rolled my eyes at that as he shook his head again. "What happened?"

In one quick movement, I fell into his arms and he wrapped his body around mine. I let the tears fall again, soaking the shoulder of his shirt. He simply laughed and held me tighter when he realised that mascara was all over his white shirt. "Sorry." I laughed as he simply pulled it off.

His muscles were clearly defined when his shirt was off. I swooned at the sight before I was reminded of what had just happened.

He wiped away a few of my tears before holding my cheeks and awaiting the answer. A sigh escaped my lips a I told him about James and Flora coming to the party. He seemed just as angry as I was until a familiar smirk crept onto his lips.