- 23 -

NARRATOR POV

{ bold & italics = mean Narrator speaking to the reader }

Yoongi glances at himself in the mirror for one last time, adjusting his tie.  The black and white suit elegantly plasters a sophisticated image to anyone that looks at him.  Who would've thought this day would come? He sighs and focuses back on his phone; notifications fill the screen.  Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung have left messages.  Yoongi lifts his device from the counter and checks Jin's texts,

Handsome Jin

Please hurry over here.  You're so slow, I swear.

With a groan, he locks his phone, tucking it into his suit.  Following Jin's orders, Yoongi sets out of his room and downstairs.  Pushing through the front door, he hops in his car, putting the keys in the ignition.  After buckling up, he prepares for the lonely ride to his destination.

~

Yoongi enters the building respectfully and gazes around the room.  The room has various people; they all sit with their heads down.  They sit quietly in the church pews, waiting for the event to start.  All remain silent as Yoongi walks to Namjoon, slides onto the church pew, and sits with him.  Namjoon looks at him, and Yoongi pats his back, "Hey, man.  How are you feeling?"

"Not too great, but I think I'll be okay," Namjoon says, laying his forehead on his palms, his elbows pointing at his knees.  Yoongi rubs his back, not knowing what else to say to comfort him.  He directs his attention to the center of the aisle and notices what everyone is attempting to ignore.  Their eyes avoid the front of the church out of pain in their hearts.  Now don't get me wrong, there are various people here from diverse backgrounds, but there aren't many strangers filling the room.  If you divide them into groups, there are around six medium-sized groups of people.

Anyway, back to the heart-wrenching sight at the front of the room.  Surrounded by flowers sits a beautiful portrait of Y/n in -debatably- her peak beauty in life.  Yoongi's eyes drop immediately, not daring to look, following the examples around him.  Yes, who would imagine a day such as this?

A sad silence hangs in the air as they await the arrival of a minister to share blessings and memories of the "glorious" life -and death- of young Y/n. As if on cue, the minister approaches the front of the room.  He takes his place at the podium and clears his throat, "Good day, everyone.  I want to start us out today with a prayer." Yoongi, a non-religious man, bows his head in prayer.

Everyone in the room says in unison, "Amen." Isn't it interesting how people can abandon their beliefs due to unfortunate occasions?  In my opinion, it is.  If you think about it, a man -or woman- in a difficult situation will occasionally pray to God, hoping he'll give them something in return for their righteous prayers, even if they aren't religious.  I think most people only ask things of God when they need something in return.  No one asks God how he feels or prays for world peace because that would be ridiculous right?  Although I pray to help myself occasionally, I think that is a bit unfair.  Anyway, let's move away from this topic of religion; it's not very nice to speak of.

Everyone lifts their heads, and the minister begins his speech on the importance of remembrance and thinking of Y/n in her brightest moments.  He sputters any other form of traditional funeral speech that you can think of that respectfully preserve the memories of our beloved Y/n. Then, he asks if anyone wants to speak of their relationship or treasured moments with her—a woman volunteers.