[🍬] nine

jeongguk is the first to wake courtesy of his blood-curdling alarm. just as he suspects it does little to stir taehyung from his sleep and so the brunette takes it upon himself to shake the boy softly.

"taehyung, it's time to get up. we have to go to school soon," jeongguk states as he rolls out of bed, throwing a clean shirt on.

taehyung babbles incoherently as he stuffs his face further into the blankets and twists until he's found yet another comfortable position to lay in. he scratches at his butt and jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"i said get up!" he shouts and smacks the boy on the ass.

taehyung groans and lifts his front half, propping himself up on his forearms. the boy looks as though only a part of himself is present meanwhile the other half is still lodged in some sort of dream. and it must have been a good dream at that because some of his hair is flat meanwhile the other strands curl and twist in every which way.

"...i'm up," he murmurs quietly, morning voice a mixture of husk and gravel.

"take a shower. i'll go downstairs and see if momma made some breakfast," jeongguk suggests, to which taehyung simply nods and sits up lazily, ruffling his hair.

jeongguk stuffs his feet into a pair of slippers and leaves his bedroom, closing the door so that taehyung can have proper privacy. he pads down the small staircase and although his first mission is to seek out the kitchen, he finds his mother asleep on the couch, still dressed in her work attire.

and to this, the boy frowns. she still has makeup on her face although it's smudged. her pair of heels have been kicked off of her feet, piled just at the end of the couch. he knows that she works late but it's never been this bad before. the only conclusion he can seem to draw from this is that she stayed out much later than she usually does. if he knew just exactly which bar she worked at he'd go confront them, however he doesn't, and just maybe it's none of his business.

jeongguk suspires quietly and leans down momentarily to press a soft kiss to her forehead. he grabs a spare blanket from one of the old recliners and throws it over her sleeping body, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. he just wants what's best for her.

he looks at her one last time with a particular feeling of sadness in his eyes and twists on his heel, deciding to head back upstairs. jeongguk would rather not risk waking her up due to being noisy in the kitchen. she deserves all of the rest she can get.

jeongguk isn't surprised to hear that taehyung's shower is still running as he enters his bedroom. although he isn't too worried being as they still have roughly an hour left until they have to be at school. he knows his best friend takes longer than most people do to get ready in the morning and so he accommodates to taehyung's slower speed; especially knowing that with that particular tone of voice he used yesterday, something must be off.

he decides to kill some time by scrolling through his phone, swapping between different apps to pass the time by. maybe five minutes later although it feels like an eternity, the water stops running and taehyung ambles out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. jeongguk looks at him once and doesn't find the need to stare at his body any longer. that rather scarring, very small phase has passed.

"do you wanna borrow some of my clothes? we're roughly the same height," jeongguk suggests.

"sure..." taehyung murmurs, seemingly hiding his face as he helps himself to the brunette's drawers, picking out some comfortable clothes.

jeongguk furrows his brows as he studies the side of taehyung's face, wondering why he's being so evasive. rather than saying anything he slowly stands to his feet and walks up to his best friend. the boy isn't paying attention and the brunette grips his chin softly, aligning their faces.