2

Tzuyu's brownstone home was one of her pride and joys, her first major purchase after her first major paycheck . It overlooked an emerald terrain of shallow hills and spattering of trees, and was spacious enough for her to enjoy dancing on weekends without fear of bumping against her coffee table or her bookshelf. The high umber brick walls, the wooden floor boards, and the double hung windows never fail to represent home for her.

She hung her coat and scarf on the wrought iron pegs with a tender sigh of weariness that flooded her bones. Lisa suggestion was nothing short of shocking that Tzuyu was unable to respond. She hastily excused herself, begged for time to think about it, and headed straight home. After all, the concept of paying someone to have sex with her never crossed her mind.

Until today, at least.

Tzuyu padded along the parquetted hallway and senced that something was amiss. There was a mild, thumping sound, a bit like the headboard slamming repeatedly into the wall. Thinking nothing of it she weaved through her kitchen and poured herself a glass of Mourvèdre. It was already dinner time, and the apple pie barley filled her stomach, but today, she felt like breaking the rules.

She trudged on upstairs, bottle tucked underneath one arm, her wineglass in another. The hammering increase in volume as she neared the double doors of the Master bedroom. Placing The bottle of Mourvèdre on a hall table, Tzuyu cautiously cracked open the door, only to suck in a sharp breath at the sight that met her.

Beakhyun. Beakhyun and his naked sweaty ass, pumping away.

He was mounted on a lithe, pale body and judging by the amount of testicles, it was another man.

Tzuyu was unsure what to do, yet her body seem to know. Her grip around her wineglass went slack, and shards of glass and wine came crashing down around her feet. The noise interupted Beakhyun's pumping rhythm, and he jerked up and locked his eyes with Tzuyu's." Oh god Tzu-"

It was as if things went into bullet time. Tzuyu was torn between staring at Beakhyun and diverting her eyes. But like during most cases of panic, the mind thinks the most absurd things.

' i Just ruined my bedroom floor...'
Tzuyu watched Beakhyun with glassy eyes as he scrambled to cover himself and the young man he was fucking on their bed. Beakhyun, her high school sweetheart. He reached for her but it was as if something snapped inside Tzuyu. She yanked her body back and shot Beakhyun a look that could murder an infant. "Get the fuck out" Tzuyu said ,in an oddly serene voice. "Get the fuck out my house, Byun NOW!"

The sharp crack of Tzuyu's voice sent the two men into action. The young pale man hastily got dressed, while Beakhyun did the same, stumbling down onto the bed as he tugged his jeans on. Still, Tzuyu remained and stood by the doorway, watching without focusing on anything other then the carmine liquid seeped through the floorboards. All that crossed her mind was how to clean it up.

"Tzuyu..." Beakhyun tried again, but the actress was having none of it. She merely pointed towards the stairs. "you won't even let me explain?"

"There's nothing to explain, Beak." She spat out his name like it was the last thing she wanted crossing her mouth.

"Just get out of my house!"

After that, Tzuyu was unable to cling on details. She remembered hearing the sounds of footsteps waning out into the streets. The stench of disgusting, putrid male sweat and sex filled their- no, Tzuyu's bedroom. She can't stay here. Tzuyu stepped out and shut the door, her mind's eye burning with the image of Beakhyun mountaing a man. The fact that it was a man was not an issue. Of course not. But the fact that Beakhyun was fucking someone else on their fuckin bed. The one they brought together in Daegu, the same one Beakhyun struggled to assemble.

Tzuyu retreated to her sanctuary, a makeshift office downstairs right by the kitchen.

What does she do now? What can she do?

Tzuyu tapped her phone and brought it up to her ear. "Lisa? it's me. I...I feel like I'm going to be okay with it. With the prostitute."