𝟎𝟐 | 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐞
ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉʳᵃˡᵈⁱᶜ ᵇˡᵘᵉ ˢᵏʸ

- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 -___________

___________

"Will you miss me?" She smiled with a sinking heart. The plants she loved so much and cared for would soon be far away.

Those plants too seem to have this wild aching inside them.

Buds begin to flower on the plants, adding a splash of color. Leaves danced and birds chripped.

Among all this beautiful things there still remained the aching.

She felt little snaps of her heart breaking. Her plants, the flowers— these were all she had.

"I will miss you too." she watered the plants for just a little longer today. She was unaware of when will her timespan with her earthly babies come to a permanent halt.

She watched the plants play in the wind, whirling with the flow for a while. Than she headed inside.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she observed the scene before her. It's not everyday when her father is at home at this odd hour of the day. It's whether because he's sick or there's a family function.

"Father," she put the watering wand on the kitchen island. Walking towards her father, thoughts clouded her mind.

Was father okay?

"Meet me in the office." her father turned around and disappeared upstairs.

"Okay..." she replied to the outlines of her father.

She padded upstairs taking two at a time. The door was ajar. She could clearly see her father sitting on the chair behind the table.

Anyhow she knocked on the door. It seemed appropriate.

"Come." her father didn't look up. One of his hand was resting on the table and the other one was pinching the bridge of his nose. He seemed worried.

"Father, are you alright? Are you sick?" Damia said with concern written all over her face in bold letters.

"I'm fine." he rubbed his face up and down. Damia couldn't help but notice the similarities she had with her father. From the way he refused to say that he was not okay to the frown cascading over his face making him appear a couple years older. People aren't wrong when they tell her she's more like her father in a way. She thinks that too.

"You should get ready." he looked up. His voice was hoarse and he looked worried sick.

"Ready?" She watched her father as a bead of sweat rolled down her neck. "For...?" She hesitantly asked not knowing what her father's reaction would be to her question.