Chapter 28. Sirius and the Leaky Cauldron ☾

A/N I do not own anything except the plot. Thank you so much for your votes and comments. I don't think I will update soon cause we have a festival and I will try to update as soon as I can.

Harry sat down on the sidewalk and contemplated his next move. He heard a rustling of leaves and looked over. He did a double take. He could not believe his eyes! Was it really truly him?

"Padfoot!" Harry exclaimed, jumping up from his spot. The big, black, shaggy dog stopped in its retreat and turned around, its tongue lolling to one side. Harry ran over to his godfather and dropped down to his knees. "Padfoot! It's you!"

Harry looked around. This was not the best place to have such an important conversation. "Hey boy, want to come with me to the Leaky Cauldron?" Harry asked Padfoot. The dog barked and bounced its head. Harry took that to mean yes. "Well, come on then." Harry directed and grabbed the scruff of the dog's neck.

How are we going to get there? Harry wondered. He thought for a moment. The Knight bus worked last time. Well, if it's not broke, don't fix it! He held up his wand and the purple bus came roaring to a stop.

*"Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board, and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stanley Shunpike and will be your conductor this eve-"* He stopped and looked over at Harry holding a dog by the scruff of its neck. "Is that a dog?"

"Yes sir, this is my dog, Snuffles. Are dogs not allowed on the Knight Bus?" Harry asked, concerned. Heck, he hadn't done this before.

"Nope, your dog's fine. The more the merrier, that's what I always say." Stanley replied. He took the money Harry offered him and Harry made to sit down. "Where to?"

"The Leaky Cauldron," Harry answered.

The rest of the ride was fairly uneventful, and went on like it had before. When they arrived at the Leaky, he was not surprised to find Cornelius Fudge there as he got off the bus.

*"There you are, Harry,"* Fudge intoned, bustling around to get a good sight of Harry.

"Uhm, hello." Harry greeted, suddenly very concerned. He looked down at Sirius who was starting to growl at the minister.

"And who might this be?" Fudge asked the teen as he knelt down to get a better look at the dog. Harry's heart began to race. What could he say?

"This is my dog, Shadow. Shadow, be nice." Harry ordered, giving his godfather a quick pat on the hindquarters as the black dog growled and snapped at the Minister. He didn't know if the pat shut Sirius up or common sense did, but he was sure glad Sirius stopped.

Fudge showed Harry into the Leaky Cauldron, where they sat down and chatted for a little bit. Fudge gave the same little speech he had previously, and Harry feigned interest. He was grateful when Fudge took his leave, and Harry closed the door to his rented room behind the robust gentleman.

Harry looked over at Sirius, still in dog form.

"Okay, Sirius, you can come out now." Harry assured. The dog looked at him like he had grown a second head, but soon complied. Fairly shortly, he had a room full of escaped felon on his hands. He then murmured into his wrist-galleon, "Found Padfoot. Apparate to the Leaky Cauldron."