(OLD) Chapter 6: [The Duke of Ursus]

=====

This Chapter is now old and obsolete.

The information in this chapter may or may not be relevant to the story anymore.

If you wish to read on, be my guest - I cannot stop you.

I'm going to be rewriting and replacing older chapters.

======

Two little birds are singing

One of them is taken away

The other bird is crying

Wondering why she was taken away that day

Many, Many Years Ago

"What is this filth?! How can my daughter possibly wear this?" A man with pointy ears yelled at his butler.

The man was wearing a white suit and dress pants. He was wearing red gloves and an orange mantle on his shoulders. He had the symbol of the Ursus Empire with the word 'DUKE' spelled out in gold letters.

"Master Koshchei, we received this dress from the Emperor's - " The butler said.

"I don't care about the Emperor! Go find something else!" He sent the man off as he sat back down in his seat.

"Master Koshchei." A maid went up to him. "Lord Kaiser Alban is here."

"Good. Let him in."

A Draco entered the room. He had a dark blue Prussian jacket with military ornaments adorning his outfit. He had dark hair splitting towards the side of his face. He was wearing orange gloves and large leather boots.

"Duke Koschei." He respectfully bowed.

"Welcome Lord Alban." Koshchei and him shook hands before taking their seats in the large room.

A large glass chandelier decorated with rare jewels hung from the ceiling. The room was meant to be a recreation room for large gatherings, but right now their only residents were Koschei, Kaiser Alban and a maid.

"Bring us some wine." Koshchei ordered the maid.

"Yes Master." She left the room.

"How are you this fine morning?" Koshchei asked his guest.

"I'm doing very well." Alban replied. "And you?"

"I'm also doing well." Koshchei replied.

The maid returned with with a tray with wine and two glasses. She poured the wine in the glasses and placed the wine bottle on a small table before bowing and leaving.

"I'm sure you know why I asked you to come here." Koshchei initiated the conversation.

"Yes. It has to do with your daughter and my nephew, is that correct?" Alban responded as the two of them tapped their glasses of wine together before drinking.

"That is correct. I am sure I have sent you the details."

"Yes you did. I normally wouldn't do this, but my brother is gone so Rye is under my care for now."

"Yes I know that."

"We are arranging a marriage for my nephew and your daughter. Is that correct?"

"Indeed."

"I have yet to receive permission from Rye's mother, but I am sure that I will be able to make it happen."