Ch 37 - Protecting Morgan

Peter snuck in to the apartment through the bedroom window. It was an hour past his curfew so he wanted to keep it as silent as possible to not get in any trouble.

His phone ringed and he immediately picked it up not wanting the loud ringtone to go on any further not wanting to risk waking May up.

"Hello?" came a very timid trembling voice. "Pepper?" Peter asked not sure whose voice it was. "Mommy's asleep." said the low, trembling voice. "Morgan? Are you alright?" Peter asked alerted of her tone. "Petey I had a nightmare. I don't wanna wake Mommy and Daddy up." Morgan said now sobbing slightly. "Hey it's alright. Is someone else in the Tower?" Peter asked.

"Yes everyone is. I don't wanna wake them up. You handle my nightmares" Morgan said. Peter's heart swelled at her tone and how much she liked him. "Awww ok so I'm not there right now maybe you could have a scoop of ice-cream and go to sleep. I'll tell Pepper you ate with my permission." Peter said taking of the Spider-Man suit. "There's none left. I was gonna do it but there is none left" Morgan said sobbing.

"Um OK so I'll be there in 5 minutes and we'll go get ice-cream then you'll be good to go to sleep alright?" Peter said. "Alright" Morgan said. "OK I'll be there soon" Peter said and hung up. He dressed in a hoodie and slowly went in the hallway and sneaked out without making noise. He could probably go a night without sleep for her sister's sake.

He jumped from rooftops to rooftops and slowly saw the Tower. He jumped and stuck to his bedroom window. The window opened automatically detecting his scans. He went into the kitchen slowly and saw Morgan sitting on the couch with her knees close to her chest. He slowly walked dup to her and tapped her shoulder. She turned around immediately scared a little.

When she saw it was Peter she tackled him in a hug and sobbed in his chest. Peter rubbed her back and stroked her. Slowly her crying died down and she was trembling. "OK so it's a one time thing alright and it'll be our secret." Peter said. Morgan nodded determined. "Now go get a sweater and don't make any noise" Peter said and Morgan ran into her room and came back with a Spider-Man hoodie.

Peter smiled at her. "Trying to bribe me. You are very clever" Peter said. "Don't be silly. Spider-Man's my favourite" Morgan said giggling. Peter gave a genuinely happy smile. He took her up in his hold and held her close to his chest. "Ready?" Peter asked Morgan. "Mhmm" Morgan said nodding. "Friday Morgan is going out with supervision Spider-Man. Alright?" Peter said. "Yes Peter" Friday said.

Peter jumped out of the window and Morgan held him tightly and slowly opened her eyes. She felt the wind gushing at her face and felt at ease with Peter like always. Peter took Morgan to a late night opened shop. They ordered their ice-creams and ate in silence till Peter broke it.

"You wanna talk about your nightmare?" Peter asked Morgan. Morgan nodded. "It was a dark room and a man was walking upto me and he held my shoulder with strength and gave me an evil smile and then I woke up". Morgan said. She had started trembling during her story of the nightmare. Peter's ice-cream cone broke in his fist as he made a fist.

"You know I'll always be there to protect you right?" Peter asked the trembling little girl. Morgan nodded. "Then you don't need to fear anyone. You have Ironman as dad Spider-Man as brother and Avengers as Aunts and Uncles so next time you see the man in the dream you don't get scared you give him a yelling" Peter said patting Morgan on the shoulder and smiling.

Morgan looked at him and nodded smilingly. "Ok so my ice-cream is done and yours too. Lets go back?" Peter asked. "Can we walk? I'll puke if we swing again" Morgan said rubbing her stomach. "Alright" Peter siad chuckling. He took a hold of her hand and started walking.

The streets were really quiet at this time of night. They entered a lone road and and a man who looked like a punk walked upto them. "Hey you" He spoke loudly. Peter ignored him and continued to walk with Morgan. "Didn't you listen I called you" He said holding Peter by shoulder. "What?" Peter asked turning to him. Morgan held onto Peter's leg and hid herself.