Chapter 18

(A/N that's the dark prince, Leonard Fantasia as a child)

-Snow's pov-

With my enhanced hearing, I hear guards starting to make a fuss.

"They're coming! Let's go!" I grab Mason's hand and lead him into the forest.

"Um... Princess?" He called I turn around.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Do you know your way around this forest?" I stop for a moment.

"It's fine I can navigate easily up above the trees. I mean an imperial castle won't be hard to spot." He laughed, and I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess your right," He said as I also laughed a bit.

"Ah, what about your brother? What does he look like? What's his name? Where did he disappear? How old was he when he disappeared? Maybe I can help you find him." I ask faster than a machine gun.

"He has black hair with a bit of dark purple, dark pink and purple eyes,  I usually call him Cat, he disappeared near the outskirts of the land Flameheart, and he was only a year old when he disappeared." He answered all my questions without missing a beat.

"Efficient!" I exclaimed in surprise.

"Of course," He smiled.

"So, he was one year old? How many years ago was this?" I asked taking mental notes.

"8 years now," He answered.

"How old were you then?"

"5 years old"

'So he's 13? He's 6 years older than me... Maybe I could still do that proposal'

I shake my head 'This is no time to be thinking about that!'

"Here take this," I remove my porcelain lily hairpin, and gave it to Mason.

His eyes go wide "I couldn't possibly take that you've done enough for me, princess!"

"Haha, come on just take it I'm a princess I have a lot more. I have a whole bouquet of these in my drawer, do you think one lily would make a difference?"

He looked a little surprised then smiled.

"I see so it's like that, then I won't refuse a gift from the princess,"

He took the hairpiece gently.

"I will always be in your debt, princess," he knelt like a knight and kissed the back of my hand.

I laughed.

"You should go, I can hear the guards searching the area," he got up and jumped on a nearby tree branch while turning around one more time.

"I swear on my name that I will repay my debt to you, princess," he gave me a small salute, then he turned, and left.

I wave goodbye, and when he was out of sight, I thought about when I would meet him again.

"Did you forget about me already?" A rabbit popped up out of nowhere, and so did my heart.

'Can my poor heart really not take a break?' I thought to myself.

"Y-yes, what did you want to ask from me?" I asked the rabbit stooping down so we would be on the same eye level.

"Nothing really, you already gave it to me." He said standing on his hind legs.

"Hm? What did I give you?" I asked curiously.

"A life contract!" He said clapping his hands excitedly.