Scared

It's been a few days. Beelzebub is a little more used to the overworld's lifestyle now. However, she's still not familiar with a lot of things. 

Whilst that happened, Lucifer was more insecure about Beelzebub than anytime before that night where everything went messy. She felt that if anything, bringing Beelzebub along with her is like bringing a bull to a China shop. Even after that, she felt more terrified of Beelzebub than ever, despite the finger kiss she did.

If anything, Beelzebub has been acting rationally, literally anything but causing trouble. Lucifer couldn't help but rethink that shit she has done that night.

'No wonder Justice got blinded...' She thought to herself.

Eventually, Beel popped up right behind Lucy. Beel talked and freaked Lucy out.

"Hey Lucy! How are you?"

Lucifer almost screamed, that was a little too sudden for her.

"H-hey! BEEL! I AM FINE!!" She replied. 

"You still make pancakes?" Beelzebub asked.

"Yeah, there's some in the kitchen. I think the big guy just remade some of them."

"You're so boring ~ It's the same meal since I came here."

Lucifer looked a little annoyed, and pushed Beelzebub a little.

"You can get other shit from outside if you want to."

"Jeez, got a little angry?" Beelzebub smirked, tickling Lucifer's chin. "I'm sure everyone here but you got fed up with the pancakes."

Lucifer then saw who Modeus happened to walk by, staring at her. Modeus nodded to what Beelzebub said, which made Lucifer blustered.

"Come on ~ just try something else. I promise you won't be disappointed."

"Coming from a fly demon you sure have some recommendations." Lucifer grumped.

"... oh. So you think I eat shit for a living?" Beelzebub asked, suddenly in a tone a whole lot scarier than her normal one.

Lucifer got frightened, and doesn't even dare to look at Beelzebub, who slowly backs away from her.

"I will be outside. I'm not getting myself bored in this house forever." She said, back to her normal tone of voice. She then proceeds to exit the house, leaving Lucifer standing there, speechless and a little regretful. She then leaves the spot as well.

Lucifer then goes back to her room, feeling extremely sorrowful and she doesn't even know why. She felt like the world is gonna drop on her and it wasn't a great feeling at all. She just locked herself in her room for about 2 hours.

Eventually, someone opened the door. Lucifer got really alerted and prepared her pillow.

"Yo Lucifer, that was some drama." Said Justice, who came in to check on Lucifer. "You okay??"

Knowing that it's Justice, Lucifer calmed down and put down her pillow.

"No, Justice. I felt like shit... I think I said something Beelzebub didn't like."

"Yeah, she doesn't like it when people addresses what she eats. Especially telling her that she eats defecation that's very disturbing, bro."

"... I felt like I messed up."

"You did, big time. I can feel the tension coming out from her expression."

"...... Will she hate me forever?"

Justice put her arm around Lucifer, who is in really bad pain. 

"Nah, doubt she would hate someone she loves. At least, not forever."

"How do you know?"

"It's so obvious she likes you, bro. If you were some other demon coming to the abyss she used to live, she would have whipped your ass off."

"..."

"It was a great battle with her."

"... wow."

"Go apologize when there's still time bro." Justice encouraged, patting Lucifer's back. "Don't let yourself down."

Lucifer walked down the nearest streets alone, attempting to find Beelzebub, but to no avail. But she did not give up, and continued finding her.

Eventually, an hour passed by. And here Lucifer is, still haven't found Beelzebub yet. It was close to sunset hour, and she panicked as she wondered what could possibly happened to her. She decided to calm herself down, and try to not let bad thoughts get to her, although the more she searches, the darker the day becomes.

"Beel... where are you..." She sighed, and covered her face. She was sweaty. This reminded her when she was in the abyss, except in this case, it actually got her to be very worried to the point that she doesn't realize she was crying.

Lucifer stopped at a lamp post, exhausted. This is really it for her. She wanted to go home. But she couldn't. If anything, she kind of got lost in the process.

All alone, sorrowful, regretful, lost, unable to find Beelzebub. This is beyond her worst nightmare.

"I'm sorry Beel..." She cried softly. "Please... just... let... me... see... you... again..."

Lucifer then got really exhausted. She felt like sleeping whenever she closed her eyes. She didn't realize that two hours was already gone. But she didn't give up, and decided to stand up one last time.

"BEEL! WHERE ARE YOU!!?!" She yelled as loud as she can. "COME ON! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE!"

She heard no response. So she yelled louder.

"I WILL EAT OTHER THINGS!!! I WILL NOT DO WHAT I DID ANYMORE! I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE LESS BORING!!! ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!"

Suddenly, she heard a voice.

"For real?"

Lucifer recognized that voice, and she looked behind to see Beelzebub standing there.

"... yeah, for real."

Relieved, Lucifer hugged Beelzebub tightly. Tears continue to roll down her face. "Where have you been?"

"Literally everywhere, these places look cute." Beelzebub replied, realizing Lucifer is crying. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know that my actions hurt you that bad."

"I legitimately thought you were... abducted or something like that."

"Underestimating me, huh? Hehe." Beelzebub teased, petting Lucifer's back to calm her down. "Those won't happen, don't worry."

"I just... really want to say sorry for all I said." Lucifer mumbled.

"Aww. How thoughtful." Beelzebub cheered, and kissed her cheek. "You wanna go home now?"

"Yeah. I'm very tired. Just to find your dumb ass." Lucifer groaned.

"Hahaha! I'm sorry too. You don't mind trying out a candy cane?" Beelzebub said, encouraging Lucifer to try something new.

"Sure... one would be fine."

Then, as they walked home happily, one of them said.

"I love you. Don't leave me."