Rex

I let out a laugh as Rex wrapped his arms around my waist and blew kisses into my neck.

"Let me go you thief!" I exclaimed as I tried to get away.

"Never, I have you hostage and the only way for you to get released is if I get a hundred kisses." He said with a chuckle.

I turned in his embrace and smiled up at him. I gently cuffed his face and leaned up and kissed him. He let out a hum and pulled me closer.

"I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too." He said softly.

"Rex we are leaving soon."

He let out a groan and hit his comm.

"Copy that General." He said softly.

"Be safe." I said as I sent him a smile.

"Aren't I always?" He asked as he leaned down and kissed me.

"Not really." I said as I pulled away.

"I'll see you again, I promise." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you." I whispered as I watched him walk away.

I opened my eye sand let out a sigh. It was just a dream, or was it a memory, sometimes I couldn't remember. There had been so many times Rex would leave, but there was only once he didn't return to me.

"Mommy!" A voice yelled.

"Coming (s/n)!" I called as I stood up.

I walked into the kitchen and smiled as I saw my six year old at the breakfast table.

"Hello love, sleep well?" I asked as I kissed his forehead.

"I had a dream about a soldier! Well three soldiers, you knew them and they came with Uncle Kanan and Auntie Hera!" He said happily.

"Did you now? Well you know Aunt Hera and Uncle Kanan are coming for a visit today, maybe you're dream will come true." I said with a laugh.

"I hope so." He said with a smile.

His smile told me that there was more to the dream, and a part of me was a little worried. (S/n), was a force weirder, having lost both his parents to the Seventh Sister, I took him in and decided to protect him. Along the way I ended up adopting him as my own son.

I heard the doorbell ring and let out a laugh as he ran to open the door.

"Uncle Kanan!" He exclaimed.

"Hey squirt." Kanan said happily.

"You're real, hi I'm (S/n)."

A frown appeared on my face and I got to work on cooking.

"You know each other?" Kanan asked calmly.

"Can't say I do, I've never met this kid before." A familiar voice said.

I froze up and felt my breath hitch, it couldn't be.

"That's cause we haven't actually met, Captain. But you know my momma. She's (Y/n) (L/n)."

"(Y/n)'s alive?"

"Yep."

I turned off the stove and walked towards the door. As soon as I made it there I saw Kanan and Hera with three men. I felt my heart speed up as I walked towards them.

"Rex?" I asked softly.

His head shot up and I saw his eyes go wide.

"(Y/n)?" He asked softly.

I felt tears stream down my face as I ran and embraced him. He caught me in his arms and pulled me closer.

"I never thought I'd see you again." I whispered into his ear.

"Should of known better then that sweetheart." He said softly.

I pulled away and gently touched his face.

"You cut all your hair off." I said softly.

"Sorry."

I shook my head and sent him a smile.

"I like it." I said as I leaned up and gently kissed him.

I felt a hand wrap around us and looked down to see (S/n) hugging both of us. I sent Rex a smile and watched as he crouched down and picked him up.

"So.... I guess we have a kid." Rex said with a laugh.

"Greatest kid in the world." I said as I kissed (S/n)'s cheek.