Arc 2.7 Zu Tian

Arc 2.7 Zu Tian

"Tian, where are you going?"

After reading the memorials, Zu Tian was dressed up by the maids and was about to go when Feng Niao who was supposed to be asleep called out to him.

Zu Tian gently smiled and sat beside Feng Niao, pushing him back to bed, he coaxes him to sleep.

"Tian, where are you going?" Feng Niao repeated having a bad feeling.

Ever since Zu Tian appeared that afternoon, Feng Niao already felt a bad premonition. Thinking that it was just nothing, he shrugged it off.

But seeing that Zu Tian was going out after he had fallen asleep, the bad premonition pounds his heart wanting to destroy it.

Fear crept into his bones as he holds unto Zu Tian's sleeves. He feared that if he were to let go, he will leave him.

"Aren't you sleepy? Why have you woken up? Did you have a nightmare?"

Zu Tian who did not have any idea about what Feng Niao had in heart thought that he was just awakened by a nightmare and gently pat his head to comfort him back to sleep.

Though his schedule was tight that night, Zu Tian still patiently coaxes the other until he calms down.

After all, Feng Niao is more important than the FL. She can wait if she wants but Feng Niao can't.

"Go to sleep now, okay?"

"Tian, your leaving?"

Feng Niao fought his heavy eyelids and stubbornly grab unto Zu Tian not letting him go.

"Don't worry, I'll be out for just a while. When you wake up, I will be beside you. So, go to sleep."

"Tian, can't you go out tonight? Stay with me, please."

Feeling that something was really wrong, Feng Niao refuses to let go of Zu Tian. He was almost crying begging for him to stay.

If he were to let go, he felt like everything would change once he woke up.

That when he wakes up, everything would just be a dream.

A dream where there is no longer a Zu Tian but only the Emperor of Zu.

"Shush. Love, just go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

With one final pat on his head, Feng Niao who was fighting off sleep finally fell asleep. The relaxing gas finally work on him.

[Host, do you really have to use it on him?]

"If I don't, he will just get stubborn. It is better to let him sleep than to worry."

Zu Tian sighed as he looked at Feng Niao for one last time before getting out of the door.

He too really wanted to stay with him but he got a mission at hand tonight. 

Even if he does not want to come, he must go.

He promises that after he is done with the mission he will come back to him. 

After everything is over, he will stay by his side.

[Well, he really is too stubborn. If he knew that you are going to the FL tonight, he might not just let you go.] Xiao Xiao said to itself.

Walking in the halls, Zu Tian was led by a eunuch toward Qi LianLian's palace.

"The Emperor has arrived!" One of the eunuchs announced startling the dozing maids into waking up.

"Concubine Qi, his Majesty has arrived!"

A girl in her early teens quickly ran over to Qi LianLian's chamber when she saw Zu Tian arriving, she did not waste any second informing her Master.