Royal Movies

October 21, 2000

Together Natania and Jaclyn were lead through the Tudor style palace by a member of the staff, although she had no idea what to call him. Jaclyn fiddled with the hem of her sweater, adjusting the blank tank that poked through the teal knit for the hundredth time. Standing next to Natania, who was rocking her classic leather jacket with the fringe on the back and a pleated skirt, she felt dull and underdressed.

It was definitely unprofessional, but her head swivelled to gape at everything there was, trying to avoid their clothing choices. Jaclyn's mind almost wanted to play tricks on her, and transport her back to another time when Tudor kings and queens still roamed the halls. The red and gold interior was that detailed and that mesmerizing

She squeezed her dvd box as a reminder of what generation she was in, and finally entered one of the hundreds of rooms that seemed to be in the one hall.

"Nati, Jackie, we're so glad you could make it!" Eugenie cheered hopping off one of the very stiff looking couches. As the younger girl hugged her she returned it, but once again found herself gaping at the room which was stuck in another time, minus the tv that William and a guy she hadn't met yet were setting up.

"We weren't sure if you would come knowing how much of a chicken you are, Jackie," Beatrice chuckled replacing her sisters tight grip on the blonde with a much looser one. Beatrice was only twelve, not to mention only two years older than her little sister, but in her eyes she was old enough to act like an adult.

"You're not supposed to tell people that," Jaclyn laughed nervously.

From the couch Zara added, "why not? It's not like it's a secret."

"Why are you friends with them again?" William laughed standing up to his full height giving her her first look at his dimmingly gorgeous smile. Caught off guard, while she smiled back at him rather dumbly, Natania responded for her. "Because she loves us."

"Well I can't see why." The stranger stood up to his full height adding to her belief that all the Windsor men must be giants. While he was slightly below Harry, who was annoyingly tall for only being sixteen, she was 5'5", which was average for her age, but even at her full height felt like she was hunched over.

Peter scanned the girl his cousin hadn't shut up about, and was surprised to see that as they talked around her she had found a neutral position with her hands crossed in front while a simple grin adorned her lips. Her eyes may have betrayed how nervous she was, but few could stand in such company and present themselves as she did. For someone who left the public eye often Peter thought he would like this new girl his cousins brought around.

"Natania right? I think we met years ago at one of my sister's school events," he came over shaking Natania's hand as she nodded. "I'm Peter," he spoke up extending his hand to the new girl, "it's nice to finally meet the girl my cousin claims is the most beautiful person... some- ah... one could lay their eyes on!" Peter shouted against William's hands as his taller cousin tried to prevent him from speaking.

The two ended on the ground laughing it out, but Jaclyn just stood rigidly still looking to her friends to see what she should do.

"Guys, can we please just choose which movie we're going to watch?" Harry asked, but made no attempt to move from where he was already swallowed in blankets. Jaclyn made her way to the teenager seeing as he wasn't going to move. "Harry, it's good to see you again."