The Day That Was

"What gives us a chance this time?" Asked Diego

Right as he finished, Five fell through a vortex and began to explain to his siblings that he knew the cause of the apocalypse.

"Wheres Y/N?" Five asked, looking around.

"Day drinking on the roof." Allison stated, walking to the other side of the room and picking up the coffee cup Five had thrown.

"Well, go get her. We need to find this guy."

"No. I'm right here." You stated, putting down a bottle of booze on the coffee table.

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here?!" Allison asked. "I mean, how exactly do you know all about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins." Five corrected. "You know those lunatics in masks that attacked the house?"

"Oh yeah! I think I remember those guys!" Klaus mused as you carefully observed Five. It was almost unnoticeable, but every-once-in-a-while, he would reach near his abdomen a rub it gently, as if he was uncomfortable. You tuned back into the conversation.

"The Temps what?" Asked Allison.

"My former employer." Five said, annoyed. "They monitor all of time and space to make sure whatever is supposed happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

You were all quiet for a second.

"What do you mean, protect time and space?"

"Where is this Hazel, Five?"

"My skin is on fire..."

You stood, walking over to Five and reaching for his hand as he rubbed his torso again. He flinched away, glaring at you. Your rolled your eyes. You were only trying to help...

"I mean, do you have any idea how insane this sounds?"

"You know what else is insane?" Five asked, looking up, and pointing to himself. "I look like a 13 year old boy." He whipped around to you, raising his index finger in your direction. "Y/N can turn into animals, Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been."

You slowly looked down, folding your hands.

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died. Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?" Allison asked, clearly pissed.

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible." Five said. "Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people.... Including Claire."