CHAPTER 80 - A

A/N: To mark the 80th chapter of my story, here is the longest chapter I have written in one go. Its almost 37 pages of MsWord, with normal font size of 10. Not sure if it will be posted all in one go. So to be on safe side, diving it into 2 parts. So brace yourself for a long update guys :)

---------------------------------

17th Sep, Monday - Khushi's Birthday - Around 12:00pm Noon

"Coming ...", said Khushi in loud voice as the doorbell rang for the second time. She opened the door and found Raj standing there with a rather large shopping bag in his hand.

"Mam ...", said Raj with a tilt of his head, greeting Khushi.

"Hello Raj ji, ohh is this my birthday gift?", said Khushi looking at the shopping bag and then at Raj, who nodded but before he could say anything else Khushi continued, "But that was not needed ... why you bother for a gift for me, you could have just wished me and that would have been enough for me", said Khushi with a smile.

"What ... Mam ... No", said Raj ... his expression kind of scared, "Not me ... ASR sir send this for you", said Raj quickly.

Khushi suppresses her giggle looking at the scared expression of Raj, "Ohh, I thought its from you", thinking to tease him a bit.

Raj quickly shakes his head like a scared kid, who didn't want to get a scolding for the thing he didn't do, "No Mam, I ... I can't ... um Sorry ... ASR sir would not like it". He didn't know that today was her birthday until ASR called him to office and instructed him to give this package to Khushi. And the thought of him giving gift to her was itself scary as he very well knows that how much possessive is Arnav for Khushi ... he doesn't want to be at his receiving end again, remembering the punch he got.

"Oh leave him, he won't punch you for this, I promise. You can gift me next time", said Khushi in a teasing way as she takes the package from Raj, "I love as many gifts as I can have on my birthday", she said in a childlike excitement that even made Raj smile.

"Thanks for bringing it, have a nice day", said Khushi peeking inside the bag to see a white large box and then look at Raj, who was looking here and there.

Before she could question, Raj quickly wished her, "Happy Birthday Mam", and then quickly went away from there. Khushi giggles at his gesture and went inside shaking her head that at one side Arnav's employees are scared of his temper and on other side, respect and care for him too.

She need to have a talk with Arnavji, about cutting his employees some slack, thought Khushi as she went inside her room.

She takes the white box from the shopping bag and sit on the bed. She opens its upper lid and found a note.

"Wear this tonight"

~A

Khushi smile as she takes out the dress, it was a full sleeve white anarkali dress which had white, with a touch of gold, embroidery on sleeves and neckline, white motifs below all around the border and a simple white duppatta with gold border.

She was surprised to find this dress, as she was expecting some saree, probably in red color, or even thought of some sexy dress like she had worn yesterday night.

She blushed, as last night scenes flashes in her mind; it was the best night of her life till now. The way Arnav had planned her birthday surprise was very romantic and lovely. To be honest, she hasn't expected that Arnav could do something like that, giving in his brooding and introvert nature. But they say that love does changes you. If Arnav had gotten more open and expressive about his feelings and emotions, Khushi had gotten bold and more open about her desires for him.