˗ˋ 21

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE BALL NEARS

. . .

"Elodie." Fleur hissed. "Are you even listening?" The blonde girl asked, laying on her front, staring over at Elodie. It was Thursday night, and the next day was the last of the term, meaning that the Ball was getting closer and closer.

"Hm?" Elodie replied, eyes flicking over from the window of their shared room to her best friend, most definitely not listening and not focused on anything really, just staring out into the darkness of the night. 

"I said, are you listening? Because this is important - you are a champion after all." Fleur continued, and suddenly Elodie was more than just listening - if this regarded her as a champion, then it must be important.

"I'm listening." Elodie quickly said, moving herself away from the window so that she wouldn't get distracted again. Smiling, Fleur sat up, tapping the space on the bed next to her.

Smiling, Elodie joined her part-veela best friend, back against the wall as she looked at her expectantly, waiting for whatever she was going to say. 

"What are you going to wear to the Ball?" Fleur finally asked, and the expectant look on Elodie's face fell, replaced by a deadpan stare. 

Fleur laughed, gently pushing Elodie's shoulder. "This isn't important!" Elodie said, incredulously. 

"And what you were thinking about was?" Fleur jumped in. "Let me guess - was it Freddie? Or George - from what I've heard, Fred has been treating you rather.. nicely."

"What have you been hearing?" Elodie asked, eyes narrowing. Fleur shook her head, shrugging. "No come on, tell me." The champion insisted, and the blonde only smirked. 

"Fine, if you must know," Fleur started. "I was in Charms this morning, and Vivienne, who is friends with.. Katie Bell, is it? Doesn't mattter, but she heard from her Gryffindor friend that you instructed the house on their dancing skills."

"Yes, I did. But how has this got anything to do with Fred?" Elodie played innocent, but in her mind, a memory of the Weasley twin's repeated for the umpteenth time that day.

Then, Fleur recounted the entire scene as if she had seen it firsthand, smirking and giggling as she saw the blush rise of Elodie's cheeks. "Vivienne got that in a lot of detail." Elodie swallowed, fanning her face.

"Ellie and Freddie, a perfect little couple." Fleur smirked. "But back to my point, have you chosen something to wear to the ball?" 

"Not yet, I was planning on writing to my mum about it, why?" Elodie asked, and Fleur lent her head on her best friend's shoulder, a rather pleased expression on her face. 

"No need." Fleur smiled, and Elodie looked confused. "My mother has sent me a catalogue full of the latest dresses, and wants me to pick one, and if you need to, you can as well. She'll have them to us in time - shoes and all."

"No way!" Elodie gasped, looking at her best friend in shock. "Your mum? We'll really get the best dresses then." Fleur nodded, pulling a sleek magazine-style book from under her pillow.

She flicked through the pages, before landing on one that had a dress circled. "That one's mine." Fleur said. Her choice of dress wasn't very extravagant, but very much Fleur's style.

Due to her beauty, Fleur never needed anything extravagant or unique, instead focusing on elegant and simple, something to enhance her appearance, not add to it. This dress was the epitome of that; perfectly simple, a silvery gray colour that fell to the ground, the bodice the same grey but with flowers around the neckline and beginning to climb up the straps. 

"It's so pretty." Elodie gasped, staring down at the dress like it was made out of gold. Fleur smiled and nodded, before gently taking the catelogue back. 

"Now, you don't have to like this one but I thought it suited you." Fleur said, making her way further towards the back, landing on a page and folding one half of the cover back, passing it to Elodie. 

"Oh wow." Elodie was speechless as she stared at the dress. It was a pale pink, and like Fleur's was quite simple but had more detail to the bodice. 

The bottom of the skirt was a light pink tulle, and it fell straight down, without the petticoats that Fleur's had. As the skirt reached the hips, it ombre'd into a purple-pink colour. It cinched at the waist, to a bodice that was the same baby pink tulle. 

A rather deep v-neck was the main dress, but over the top was a simple pattern of material, that outlined her torso in a rather armour-like way, if that made any sense. It was perfect for a champion, perfect for Elodie. 

"See." Fleur smiled. "It's perfect for you. And I'm sure that Freddie will love it." She said, and Elodie jokingly pushed her, the girls dissolving into giggles.

But Fleur was right, he would.

a/n
if anyone was wondering,
here is the dress !! <33

a/nif anyone was wondering,here is the dress !! <33