Chapter 30 - Mostly hot

"Weasley?" Erin said surprised, closing the door behind her. She had never had a conversation with anyone from the Weasley family before. Why was one of them standing in front of her?

The other problem was that she couldn't even identify which one it was. Sure, it was either Fred or George, but there was no world in which Erin could tell the difference between them.

"Hi", he said awkwardly, rubbing his hands. "It's George by the way."

Erin couldn't help but look massively confused, not sure what to do. Fred and George were some of Oliver's best friends. They definitely knew that the two of them were dating, so why had he reached out to her?

"I know I have a lot of explaining to do", George said. "Just hear me out."

Erin nodded, trying to keep an open mind. She looked outside, because she couldn't get the skeptical look off her face and George already looked nervous.

"I didn't write those notes", he said.

"What?" was Erin's immediate reaction. So there was another mystery person? Then what was he doing here? Erin's confusion had reached a whole other level.

"Fred did."

"Why are you here then?" Erin asked, not able to conceal a bit of annoyance. She felt as if she was being toyed with, which was not surprising around the Weasley twins.

"Because it wasn't his message", George said, knowing that what he said didn't make any sense.

"Seriously George, I don't understand a word you're saying. Was it all just a joke?" Erin sighed.

"No, no", George rubbed his face, trying to find the right words. "Look, I kind of had a crush on you for quite some time now and I wanted to ask you out, but then Oliver was suddenly interested in you and then I knew I couldn't ask you out anymore, but Fred thought I should have an equal shot so he tried to convince me, but I couldn't do that to Oliver, so he took matters into his own hands and sent you the notes", he said in one breath. Erin needed a bit of time to process that message.

"And then he sent you that note to meet up and I didn't want to come because I know you and Oliver are dating, but then standing you up seemed like a really bad decision too", he continued.

So George had a crush on Erin. George was the third person this year to have a crush on Erin. Why was that? No one had ever had a crush on her before.

"So, I'm pretty much just here to tell you that you can just ignore the messages and to apologize for being so confusing." Erin finally looked into George's eyes. He seemed embarrassed and apologetic. He didn't do anything wrong, not at all, it was just a tense situation since him and Oliver were friends.

"But we never even talked before", Erin said. "How can you have a crush on me?" George shrugged. Well, Erin did have a crush on Charlie and Oliver too before ever conversing with them too, but she always thought it wasn't like that for boys.

"Well, thank you, that's really nice to hear", Erin said. "But, I am with Oliver now and I really like him."

"Oh, I know, don't worry about it. I don't expect you to do anything. I really wished Fred hadn't sent you those notes, but I couldn't not come tonight, you know?"

"Yeah, that's really considerate actually", Erin smiled. She had never really gotten to know the twins, so since George seemed really cool about it, maybe they could just move past it and become friends. They were Oliver's friends anyway.

"Oh no, Oliver is going to freak out", Erin said, eyes tripling in size.

"He knows?" George asked, slightly panicky.