Meeting the Hoopers

Hey guys! I'm posting the first bonus chapter as a thank you for helping Muggle hit 5 million reads! I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it ♥︎

Although, please don't read this chapter or the future bonus chapters if you haven't finished reading 'Muggle' yet. Thanks again!

***

The night was rather cold, being in mid-September. The sky wore on a much darker and chilling color as the hours drew by until the clock stroke eight, and right on time, two figures appeared out of thin air in a deserted alleyway nearby.

     "Stop messing with your collar," said the woman, throwing a quick glance sideways at the red-headed man, who was trying to straighten his shirt's collar for what seemed like the tenth time that night.

     "I'm not messing with it. I'm simply fixing it," he replied cheekily as they were walking down the street.

"Oh, yeah?" She grinned. "Well, it doesn't look much better from where I'm standing."

"Then how about you come and stand here," he said playfully and with that he came to a stop, wrapping his arms around her waist, turning her to face him. But before she could open her mouth and protest, he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers.

     Once he pulled away, he gave her a cheeky smile when he found her completely windswept and dazed after the long and rather passionate kiss.

     But she shook her head a few moments later when she came back to her senses and so she teasingly placed her palms against his chest and pushed him away from her.

     "You better be on your best behavior tonight, Fred Weasley." She pointed a warning finger at him mockingly. "First impressions are important."

     "You know I can never behave myself, Mrs. Weasley," said Fred, winking down at her.

     At those words, Lexi found a smile making its way through her face and so she chuckled, shaking her head at him in disbelief.

     "Well, I'm not Mrs. Weasley yet," she said, trying to suppress a grin. "At least not until you take permission from my parents first."

       Fred groaned. "But it's the first time I'm meeting them! Wouldn't it be inappropriate if I dropped the bombshell like that on our first meet?"

       "It was you who kept saying you wanted to do this as soon as possible and that you had waited long enough. Besides, when was the last time you did something in the appropriate way?" She raised a brow at him.

      There was a long pause.

      "Good point." He nodded, looking impressed.

      Lexi chuckled, wrapping a hand around his upper arm. "C'mon, let's get going. We shouldn't keep them waiting."

      "Hey, Lex?" Fred started hesitantly as they started walking on again.

      "Hmm?"

      "Can I ask you something?"

      "Yes."

      "Will you be honest?"

      "Yes."

      "So will you tell me the truth?"

      "Yes, Fred!" She laughed. "Now get to the point, will you?"

      "Okay... er... well... I was just wondering... how scary is your dad?"

      Lexi looked up at him with raised brows, giggling. "You're not afraid of him, are you?"