XX

Yeri's heels click loudly down the hall as she walks with a confident gait regardless of the fact that no one is watching

Yeri's heels click loudly down the hall as she walks with a confident gait regardless of the fact that no one is watching. Her hair is slick back in a ponytail and the black and grey coat she had dawned that morning made her feel especially powerful today. Something about today had her humming even when she did routine write ups for the website which she had always absolutely dreaded.

Perhaps her confidence is a facade. She has a meeting in the next five minutes where she's supposed to be presenting the BTS article she's responsible for. It's the first time she has been entrusted with such a massive task; they are the biggest boy group in the world and her officials expected her to have something new and exciting. Which she didn't, she had some minor news but nothing that was eye catching.

Her phone buzzes in her pocket. She takes it out, looks at the name, smiles the sort of smile a detective would when they've finally figured out a clue.

"Good news?" She says as soon as she swipes to pick up the phone.

"You were right," the answer comes from the other line. "She's the one."

The laugh that escapes Yeri's mouth is enough to make the white hallways of her office suddenly seem dull. "Perfect. Any proof?"

"I don't want to get in trouble."

Yeri scoffs. "Meet me tomorrow for lunch, we have a lot to discuss."

There's rustling and the sound of a door closing shut on the other end. "Fine. I hope you remember my end of the deal."

Yeri clicks her tongue. "Of course. Don't forget you're getting more than just money."

"Text me the address."

"Okay, see you."

Yeri locks her phone close. Her meeting is just about to start and she feels more confident than she did five minutes ago. She grins to herself again, her cheeks hurt from the smile but she can't help the loud thudding in her ears. She's finally got her chance. She'll be responsible for the biggest story to ever been published.

She knew today was going to be a good day.

—————————————————————-

Today had not really been a good day.

Hana woke up late for work and in her rush she forgot a very important document lying on her dressing table. She had gotten a look of disappointment from her boss which made her want to hide under her desk and later when she had decided to message Lucas just to see if he was doing okay (stupid of her, she knows) the message never got sent because as it had turned out, Lucas had blocked her. That made her want to just go home and cry.

Normally, Hana doesn't care if a particular person likes or dislikes her. But Lucas wasn't just any person, he was a part of her life. It made her heartache and her eyes well up before she closed them shut, counted to ten, opened them up again and moved on with her day.