Chapter 127: My Revolution (2)

"MOVE OUT!"

At dawn's first light, the waking sun birthed the land in red, prophesying the blood that was to paint the earth that day as the armies of Merriheim and the Chaos Guard advanced on Aygorzi's walls. Leading the Merrite contingent were the three Ancient Salamanders, blood-crazed gazes fixed on the city where their eventual food awaited. Following behind these monstrosities were five thousand avespas calvaries, led at the front by an excited Olgar who licked his chops as he envisioned feasting on his enemies' hearts.

Five thousand infantry, consisting of four thousand soldiers and two thousand slaves, trudged behind the calvary. The feet of the slaves blistered and bled, having suffered the grueling journey without any protection. Still, none dared slow down for fear of punishment. They could only grit their teeth and forge on ahead, their hearts already deciding to kill as many dwarfs as possible to earn themselves a promotion from this life of hell.

Not once did it cross their mind to revolt. Most might not know, but these slaves knew all too well the strength of Bone-Cage Olgar Ritz. Revolution would only lead to meaningless deaths.

Bringing up the rear were the warbards and a thousand mages led by Orthana, whose eyes held determination that grew grimmer with every hoof clatter. Finally, behind her were the siege weapons Olgar looted from a daeben ruin consisting of trebuchets and ballistae. The soldiers spent the previous day assembling these colossal weapons from scratch, their only comfort laying in the fact that Naroku Warthogs pulled the siege engines.

And so it was that this mighty procession neared the northern gate, bringing with them promises of death.

Standing atop the ramparts on the outer wall, Absalon frowned down at the approaching army. Eyes narrowed with utter disdain and contempt, he muttered, "Hmph, a little more than we calculated. But no matter." He gazed at the siege weapons far off in the distance, a nasty curl rising up his lips. "Heh, Looks like you put a lot of effort into this. I wonder how you'll react to this." He waited till he could see the Ancient Salamanders' black cornea, then said, "Let our guests in."

King Anton Xafier sat upon his throne in the throne room, his mana connecting his thoughts to the mana crystal several meters below. King Anton Xafier gazed at the 3-D projection of the city that hovered before him, lips curling upward as Absalon's order came in. "We have suffered persecution far too long." Eyes holding no small amount of hatred, he released a dark chuckle. "Come witness the might of our god."

The armrest glowed with a blue light as mana flowed from his arm into the hidden runic cables within the throne. With a murderous glare in his eyes, King Anton Xafier ordered, "Open."

At Aygorzi's south gate, Larsial frowned as the massive gates she had spent days strategizing against slid inwards, groaning as it did as if mocking all her efforts

At Aygorzi's south gate, Larsial frowned as the massive gates she had spent days strategizing against slid inwards, groaning as it did as if mocking all her efforts. Still, despite her relative unease, with Ruse by her side, and the army around her, Larsial felt she had nothing to fear from these dwarfs. Heh, the dwarfs most likely did not want to risk any damage to the structures before they could study them.